Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Pixel] ICT's School

IceCream Tuesday

They are annoying, but if I make them the highlight colour, the edge becomes indistinct, if I make it a solid of the shadow colour they are, it looks too outlined. If you can think of a way to get rid of them that works, I'd love to see it~

@ekobor:

> ![](http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/461/swordy.png)
>
> I used your palette, because you see to like it, but I prefer swords that are more energized~
>
> EDIT: The handle was off, reshaded it to make it straighter~

hrm.. Well don't feel like doing the grading system, thought this topic died.

anyway.. looks pretty good. with the pixel's at the top.. its not terrible.. with a different pallet could look good.  My pallet only really goes with what I did. wouldn't be to efficient adding to a different piece. I really like the use of AA on the center of the blade.. something every other attempt on this forum lacks. though.. might of been just lucky with it lol.

Next time. Give your own pallet a try so that you can work on that aspect of pixel art.

I'd change very little, pallet and maybe slight shading to accommodate the pallet change.
Good work.

You can still do it manually on paint. The AA option on photoshop actually overdoes it a bit.

For paint, if you have a black outline, best to use greyish colors to blend the black and a white background. It usually depends on those two colors.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm.. Gonna lock this.

Not really in the mood to do this anymore.
but..

Kreator.. I'm surprised you used pure black as the background.. I hope you didn't pixel on that background.

But overall.. It's well done.
The shading techniques are of high quality not much really to say besides you're obviously one of the better pixel artist on this forum.

Ok.. now for you Bong.. Can't really give you a rating on it, its not pixel art.

Pixel art uses a painting technique done.. Pixel by Pixel. and.. ONLY that. so no blur programs or auto AA, or even a auto gradient.

@IceCream:

> I'm surprised you used pure black as the background.. I hope you didn't pixel on that background.

Was a style I was aiming for, however JUST FOR YOU I've attached a different background.

@IceCream:

> The shading techniques are of high quality not much really to say besides you're obviously one of the better pixel artist on this forum.

Haha thanks man. ;-D

@IceCream:

> I'm.. Gonna lock this.
>
> Not really in the mood to do this anymore.
> but..
>
> Kreator.. I'm surprised you used pure black as the background.. I hope you didn't pixel on that background.
>
> But overall.. It's well done.
> The shading techniques are of high quality not much really to say besides you're obviously one of the better pixel artist on this forum.
>
> Ok.. now for you Bong.. Can't really give you a rating on it, its not pixel art.
>
> Pixel art uses a painting technique done.. Pixel by Pixel. and.. ONLY that. so no blur programs or auto AA, or even a auto gradient.

Didn't use any of the above, just not used to limiting my palette, no worries, was just practice anyway. :D
Nice sword Kreator. ^^

[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/8a4a8cf9aea00756f734b393f2e42a43.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#8a4a8cf9aea00756f734b393f2e42a43.png)

Here's mine. No, it's not exactly like Kreator's. Kreator's has a black outline and is on a gray background. Duh.