Find results in...

Eclipse++

Marsh

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Marsh:

> who cares what crank says, its just for fun. I dont think you guys realise everything doesn't have to be some big contest. Im bored, im trying to learn c++. Its not even a version of Eclipse.

I have a C++ Book from college I could type up, compile, and give to you =]

400 pages with like 8pt font :D

@[GrimTechâ„¢:

> Skillzalot link=topic=49188.msg512148#msg512148 date=1249247259]
> I am so looking forward to this. I need a good C++ engine. Just one question you using Direct x Opengl or SDL for this

DirectX

im a cook,  i want to be a programmer though. but i dont have the required math courses.

@Rose:

> I have a C++ Book from college I could type up, compile, and give to you =]
>
> 400 pages with like 8pt font :D

My book is about 900 pages and doesn't explain everything in the C++ programming language, although nearly everything, so I assume your book either misses a lot or the author summarised half of his stuff. Most books aren't good for C++. The best available should be the one by Bjarne Soustroup, because he's the inventor, unless you have his book.

@Marsh:

> Thanks :P, i already have a c++ book though. I use it more for reference now. I find it very hard to learn from them.

A friend of mine has my book currently because he wanted to learn C++ and I don't need/use the book anyway.

@[GrimTechâ„¢:

> Skillzalot link=topic=49188.msg512152#msg512152 date=1249247368]
> Oh ok. I was looking to SDL cause it is easy in my mind.

SDL uses DirectX 6 or something internally next to GDI, GAPI, OpenGL and X11.

@Marsh: if you are stuck with something, drop a PM and I'll help you like on IRC ;).

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Captain:

> My book is about 900 pages and doesn't explain everything in the C++ programming language, although nearly everything, so I assume your book either misses a lot or the author summarised half of his stuff. Most books aren't good for C++. The best available should be the one by Bjarne Soustroup, because he's the inventor, unless you have his book.

I do, its a second re-write in really small font. It's only missing the glossary -type thing. :3

@TRICKTROLL:

> Oh that's pretty epic then. Because most books I usually see are like lecture ._.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Bleh, hate those. A my college, in most classes we didn't learn from those lectury, books, we learned from the book I have, lots of hands-on stuff, and explanations. It contains a lot of exploration. And I spilled coffee on the cover this morning.

@Rose:

> Bleh, hate those. A my college, in most classes we didn't learn from those lectury, books, we learned from the book I have, lots of hands-on stuff, and explanations. It contains a lot of exploration. And I spilled coffee on the cover this morning.

Lmao my book has spillt strawberry milk, because it was in my bag and my 1L bottle leaked -.-'.

Bjarne Soustroup has the best books and guides for C++ as far as I know.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@the_best_flash:

> Very nice. Looks great so far.
>
> What GUI system are you using for the game?

Should be self-drawn because you can't use WinAPI at the level of game programming, I can't/don't use it anyway because all the APIs I use force/allow me to draw my own GUI except when supporting native GUI.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Marsh:

> Yup, as godlord said there will be no window controls or anything of the sort. My GUI is almost complete though.

Which is awesome because a lot of APIs don't support premade GUI (OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, X11, any console API, etc.) XD.

Regards,
  Godlord.