Eclipse++

Marsh

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pete!:

> Marsh, is movement based on FPS?

Not actually sure, it has set movement but its happening in the game loop. If it was it would be simple enough to change. The FPS is capped anyway. As for speed hacks etc i will have to try to put some protection in at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
Updated Screen, server now adds the item you picked up to your inventory or detects if it is full. Now i need to work on the visual display and making the item disappear once you pick it up. Moved all the debug information so that you can see the game screen a little easier. The speed system In7el3ct designed worked on decimals so we needed everything to be a bit more accurate then just a pixel as you will now note in the debug display.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/045ab55285efca5e09911a6388e45c16.png)

Got off my lazy ass and did some more work on the inventory. Now the items that you have will show up in your inventory. Now i need to add descriptions etc / boxes around to use them. Eqiup etc… lots of work to do. The inventory doesnt really have any proper graphics as i dont have a GUI thing really setup for that XD. But this way it looks clean anyway. No black boxes if you dont have a item there.

Guess my guy was hungry.
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/45ee0880e04064c1ea5cdf312c04b485.png)

I got a c++ textbook, it has some good info but i gave up on it. I like it better to plunge in not knowing much of anything. You will learn it doing something you like and thus it will be more fun then just reading a textbook. You can always ask questions on a c++ forum if you get confused. Of course i may be doing bad programming practices and not understand alot of terms / how things work. Though i find that when you learn more you can go back and fix up your old code to be more functional.

Not sure what you mean by stacking.  Yea thats just the font, never changed it from the default font in the library.

```
while (invcount2 < 25)
{
++invcount2;
dbSetSpriteFrame ( 87, itempic[invcount2] );
dbPasteSprite (87, gapx, gapy) ;
gapx = gapx + 40;

if (gapx > 794)
{
gapx = 675;
gapy = gapy + 40;
}

}

```
Basically just move every item 40 pixels over from the last. After three items move down another 40 pixels on the Y row reset the x back to its original start position. XD no idea how your supposed to do this stuff but it works for me XD. Sent you some C++ links in a pm.