Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse++

Marsh

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, its just a flaw in the DarkGDK animation functions. You have to manually set the frame to the next set of the desired direction or it will cycle through them all giving you the effect of going wacky lol.

Use dbSetFrame in addition to the other animation function that plays from x to y with a delay.

@Krankzinnig:

> Erm, its just a flaw in the DarkGDK animation functions. You have to manually set the frame to the next set of the desired direction or it will cycle through them all giving you the effect of going wacky lol.
>
> Use dbSetFrame in addition to the other animation function that plays from x to y with a delay.

Yea im already doing that. Not sure if i did for the npc though.

• 2 weeks later...
@Displaced:

> why not?
> just open maps with a vb scripted programm and convert it to a plaintext file or better a normal .txt file
> then open it with the c++ programm and convert it into the map data …

Why a text file? Text files are harder to interpret. If it is just that simple, why won't you just do it?

Regards,
  Godlord.

The eclipse mapfile is somehow strange .. it's just a dump of an record..
Well this you can just save as a textfile with their values … delimited with commas or ";" or something.
problem is that i've not enough time to do such a project in vb then in another lang just to fit the format...
well if i knew how to do so in vb i probably would..
but the basics are
loading the dat files with vb
convert them into a delimited txt file
and reencode them into the new format...
What's that hard at it?
if you export data from excel as delimited textfile you get also for each row somthign like
cell1,cell2,cell3,cell4
etcpp...

@Displaced:

> The eclipse mapfile is somehow strange .. it's just a dump of an record..
> Well this you can just save as a textfile with their values … delimited with commas or ";" or something.
> problem is that i've not enough time to do such a project in vb then in another lang just to fit the format...
> well if i knew how to do so in vb i probably would..
> but the basics are
> loading the dat files with vb
> convert them into a delimited txt file
> and reencode them into the new format...
> What's that hard at it?
> if you export data from excel as delimited textfile you get also for each row somthign like
> cell1,cell2,cell3,cell4
> etcpp...

The Eclipse Map is just a RAM-dump and map files shouldn't be stored as a delimited text file, they should be stored in a properly structured binary file, that's why most files (or actually developers) use a file format instead of a RAM-dump or delimited file. Also maps are more than just spreadsheets. Each file should describe what the map contains, what the map is called and what is located where.

The map file should be interpreted, which shouldn't be hard once you know how VB6 stored the file.
The interpreted data should be put in another file using a standardised (amongst Eclipse, not the world) file format.

Regards,
  Godlord.

i know i know
i agree with you but it's a fact that the current eclipse map files (or better RAM-dump) is crap..
so to convert it properly you can save it TEMPORARLY as a textfile
because i don't know if c++ can read this crap of data which vb saved…
u know what i mean?
(I'm sorry i can't tell you exactly what i mean cuz. english is not my first language)

• 2 weeks later...
@[God:

> Owen link=topic=49188.msg563548#msg563548 date=1256382486]
> hey did anyone else notice in the video how john moves =\

Yea, the movement was fixed for players but not npcs yet. Havent worked on this in awhile but the npc movement is a incredibly easy fix.

Hello Death 2 All,

It will be out when it is finished and use able.
Marsh is working on this in his spare time, so there is now release date AND NEVER SHOULD BE.

-Tipsta