Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RTE] [EE2.8] Run-time error 9

Questwizard

I just downloaded version 2.8 about an hour ago, installed the library files with ELI, and started up the server to make sure it works so i can start working on my new game.

Now, every time I start the client with the server running, after about 3-5 seconds, I get error 9 and the client shuts down. I suspect it has something to do with retrieving the text for the news box, as I don't get the error as long as the server is down, or with an invalid IP in Config.ini.

If I put a bad IP in there, run the client, and change the IP to 127.0.0.1 again after starting the server, the client crashes instantly. I've already looked around the forum and can't find anything on how to fix it, and the error guide doesn't cover this particular case of error 9.

Keep in mind that this is a clean, unmodified install with absolutely no source mods, script edits, or anything. The only thing I've touched is Config.ini, and that was to change the IP to 0.0.0.0 to see if it still crashed, but that's been changed back to 127.0.0.1 now, so its the same as a clean install.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

I'm on XP SP2, on an Admin account anyway. That can't be the problem.

EDIT: I get the same error on my desktop computer (also XP SP2), so its not my laptop causing it. Could running both the server and client on the same computer be causing the problem? I can't hook both of my computers to the internet at once, so I can't try running them separately at the moment.