Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monsters and spells

zomgos

How do i get monsters to attack, and how to I get spells?
How do I attack? ( is there a button? ) 0.o
Iv made a bunch of monsters and they are on the map. But they will not attack ( they are on attack on sight). =(

Second - on skills, do I have to put them in shops? Or is there another way to do it?

Third - Is there a way to attack monsters, iv tried double clicking on them but it doesn't work.

thanks in advance.

Hi zomgos, welcome to Eclipse.
At the top of this forum, there is a "Tutorials" tab; you'll find a lot of useful tutorials in there :)

@zomgos:

> How do I attack? ( is there a button? ) 0.o

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,39764.0.html

@zomgos:

> Iv made a bunch of monsters and they are on the map. But they will not attack ( they are on attack on sight). =(

You have admin access, don't you?  NPCs don't attack admins on sight.

@zomgos:

> Second - on skills, do I have to put them in shops? Or is there another way to do it?

By skills, do you mean spells?  If so, make a new item, and set it's type to "Spell"; then give the player that item.

@zomgos:

> Third - Is there a way to attack monsters, iv tried double clicking on them but it doesn't work.

See answer above ;)

thanks for the help again!
Also some more questions xD-

Is there a way I can remap the control keys on the client before I "ship it out"?

So it will be the same for everyone?

Like i want the attack key to be A
Pick up items to be space bar.

How can I add skills to my character? I have made a couple of skills. Do i have to set them up in a shop?

Again I highly thank you for responding.

Very easy to use program!!

@zomgos:

> Is there a way I can remap the control keys on the client before I "ship it out"?

source edit

@zomgos:

> So it will be the same for everyone

what do you mean?

@zomgos:

> Like i want the attack key to be A
> Pick up items to be space bar.

source edit

@zomgos:

> How can I add skills to my character? I have made a couple of skills. Do i have to set them up in a shop?

I'm pretty sure there are some scripts. look in the script database. No, you don't have to set them up in a shop (unless of course, you're talking about spells, as mentioned by Admiral Refuge).

@R3pa1r:

> source edit
> what do you mean?
> source edit
> I'm pretty sure there are some scripts. look in the script database. No, you don't have to set them up in a shop (unless of course, you're talking about spells, as mentioned by Admiral Refuge).

Where do I get source edit? Or how do I get into it? 0.o

I think I may have found it… is it
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Eclipse\Server\Scripts
?

you can download eclipse's source from the place that you downloaded Eclipse. freemmorpgmaker. The source is written in VB6 so you must know vb6 in order to edit the source.

the folder inside your eclipse folder is where you can store your scripts. You can find many scripts on this forum. Just search, or look in the search section

@R3pa1r:

> you can download eclipse's source from the place that you downloaded Eclipse. freemmorpgmaker. The source is written in VB6 so you must know vb6 in order to edit the source.
>
> the folder inside your eclipse folder is where you can store your scripts. You can find many scripts on this forum. Just search, or look in the search section

Ah I see.
Well I don't know VB6 xD… so I can't use it.

Thanks for the help guys.

wait wait wait wait… skills as in spell? go to your monster, and go to droppings, set it up to the number that the item with the spell is on, and the monster can drop the spell. OR you can go to item (on attributes in "edit map") and just set the item with the spell on it down anywhere you want.