Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Compnany title

Mytsaw

Circle Helix?

I'm kidding of course.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but If you're attempting to make a professional company, and want a professional name like Square, Nexon or whatever your gonna have to be highly creative. I'll give reasons. For one, I assume you'll want a .com or .net site eventually and just that alone is going to limit your selection tremendously. Good company names are literally worth gold. Just head over to godaddy.com type in 20 cool words, and see how many are already a .com or .net site.To top it off the cool names that aren't taken are usually 2-30k just for the domain name. 

I'll give an example. Originally, I wanted our company to be called K.O interactive. Unfortunately, the domain is 3 grand out of my budget so I settled on KAO. This might explain why emerging game companies have such weird names, sometimes with no definition at all. They either can't get a name that has a simple definition like "Square", or even if they can the domain is too expensive.

Your best bet is to be as creative as possible, make sure the .com or .net is available and the name isn't already under copyright. I'm probably not being much help but there's a reason I'm saying all this. Chances are, if someone had a cool name to share that you could use for a professional company, they would probably keep it to themselves and wait til they can afford to buy the domain.

Now, if you don't care about .net, .com or whatever then it shouldn't be so hard. You'll still have to avoid copyright infringement, however.

Then there's the easy route. Find a definitive word or phrase and stick "games" or "studio" at the end. Personally, I find this tacky.