Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Division Of Life

BeNjO

Download: WOW, this is fast! Really good server you're hosting this on, could utilize my full 5.5mb/s!

The Game:
(just a listing of things that came to my mind as I played)

1\. Please change the launcher's icon (no big deal, but just so you don't forget :D )
2\. "Launcher has failed, want to repair?" DAMMIT!
3\. Okay, I really like the main screen, the only thing I'd add is maybe a little text hovering over each option without a limitation to mouse-over, I could understand if you preferred it this way though.
4\. It should delete the "(email)" string from the textbox upon clicking it
5\. Maybe display errors like "password saver length <5" a little more user-friendly… Like "Your password-Saver has to be atleast 5 characters long!"
6\. It would be cool if the dude at the table said things like "welcome back traveler!" instead of the stuff he's mumbling now
7\. Maybe display a manual-page at the beginning, like many mmo's do. Just the most important controls and stuff, maybe with images to make it fancy
8\. Why no menu upon pressing escape? Something like "logout, change character, OPTIONS (+CONTROLS)" and stuff should be there imo
9\. Too many skills in the beginning and no progression, I guess that'll come later? The skill-menu should be reworked then too
10\. The camera angle after starting/teleporting is weird, maybe make it look at the player from the side+above?
11\. I now see that the options and stuff were hidden by the quest-thingy... maybe change that it is a little above the buttons. Also the escape-thing STILL would be nice
12\. Also, will full settings come later? Not many options as of now (I'd really like to adjust draw-distance for example)
13\. When having an npc focussed, your heal and other support ability hit it. I think it should auto-target your own character in that case, noone likes buffing snakes
14\. Nice quest menu, but maybe let it fade out after a while of not hovering the mouse above it and only show the text constantly. You could also add a graphical option for that
15\. The kill-snakes-quest does not progress. I'll never get ma epic robe :,(
16\. i'd like if there was dynamic lighting for the torch in my hand... or atleast in a little area around the character because night is pretty dark
17\. You are not dead with 0 hp, only on -1\. Is that intentional?
18\. Snakes have a ranged attack?

This is it for now, I'm maybe gonna play later or in the next few days. I'm really picky, I hope my feedback could help you a bit, even though there's still a lot more to explore.

-Seal

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1\. New launcher is being made by Matt, Current launcher sucks way too much :)
2\. Same as above buddy, Its stupidly broken!
3\. Do you mean, No mouse hovering its just there, Static?
4\. Not sure which email box you mean, Char creation or Login?
5\. That is something I am actually doing right now, I threw the information in as a to-do thing just needed something there :)
6\. Could be a possible thing to do!
7\. The tutorial will have this in the future.
8\. Will add this in, Before I upgraded to Unity 5, my Unity 4 version had this, but Unity 5 broke alot of things.
9\. The skills are as is, mainly because the skills can be used at any level, it just requires a set amount of Magic to use them. Maybe seperate them into tiers or something?
10\. I noticed this also when testing patcher, Something seems to be resetting it and will look into this!
11\. The settings are at the bottom right, but I will add the Esc menu :)
12\. Full settings will be added after BETA, I tried to set draw distance etc higher just whilst in beta and didn't add it in the settings menu.
13\. I know healing npcs worked, Didn't now buffing them worked too. The main reason it's this way is for the Taming and because AoE spells used to hurt your own character (like real life).
14\. Good call on this!
15\. Will double check the code for that quest. Quests are randomly created and offered so will look into this.
16\. Torch light is being worked on, It used to function like the hanging lights near Vendors but since the upgrade they broke so I just disabled them until I had a chance to work on them.
17\. Will check into this too! Good catch!
18\. I spotted this too whilst patching. Tey are meant to be the easiest to kill but some how managed to get range (and they can hit from quiet far too!). Thanks for reminding me!

Best feedback so far! Thanks for trying it out. Did you have any issues with settings menu displaying or main menu clicking (having to double click randomly). Not sure on the version you have since the patcher basically screwed me over. The current .RAR on the website is the current uptodate client whilst Matt works on a actual working one!

Hmm my edit didn't work :(

The server is an 8 core @ 2.4GHz Atom with 8gb ram that sits in France. It has a 100 MB dedicated line just for us!

Glad you appreciate it, like I said, I'll give it a more in-depth test later. I didn't have any trouble with the menus, used the full client from the rar (first link I think).

as for 3: yes that's basically what I meant
4: on account creation I think? you have to manually delete the string
9: I just think it's weird to be able to use every skill in the beginning, gives less sense of progression… I'd prefer it to start out with like 3 and then you can work your way down a skilltree for example, also allowing for skill-variation inside the same class. But that may just be me ;)
13: Hm... couldn't you implement a check for the npc being a tamed one and otherwise target your own character? I think it's a little weird to move the mouse away from your target just to heal yourself.
15: If it helps, there were 3 quests to kill 60 snakes each (guess they'd all be solved at the same time anyways, could aswell make 1 quest out of those) and I didn't get that counter up by killing snakes

I'll just continue to throw everything that comes to mind in when I continue my journey. I guess that quest thingy kinda stopped me, plus the general lack of sense of direction I had. I know you'll improve in the future, so far so good!

-Seal

Finally, First Beta test is out!

Download from the website

[Downloads Page](http://www.divisionoflife.com/download.html)

Or

Installer (Game + Launcher)
[Here](http://www.divisionoflife.com/update/Division%20Of%20Life.exe)

Installer (Launcher Only)
[Here](http://www.divisionoflife.com/update/Division%20Of%20Life%20Launcher%20Only.exe)

New launcher is LIVE!

You should delete everything to do with Division Of Life on your computer and redownload the new installer.

Go crazy!

I advise you to NOT to close the launcher during downloads.

Just to finalize something on what Doug mentioned. Closing the launcher mid-download will not screw your game up. It'll just re-download the same files you were downloading on the last patch the next time you're updating. However, since the game files can be quite big, it's recommended to not close the updater.

Might of being downloading the old version when I removed the download. Honestly not sure as it works for me/matt and a friend who came on to test :(.

Noticed a few errors, Regardless of what you choose for a class the little tool tip at character selection and when you hover over a player it says the wrong tool tip. Army button and health potion in the tutorial do not make sense. Hoping to have stuff done and live today.

Fixes:

* More elaborate Error messages at character creation,
* Health needing to be <0 to die has been fixed, You now die at 0 Health, 
* An actual Sun/Moon model has been added to the game! There is not longer a "Night time has fallen" message or "The sun rises" its a 60 min day/night cycle with real shadows and a real sun/moon with their own phases. With it being an ISO game you will rarely see the actual sun/moon, but the light they produce is 100% better than my own system,
* Starting with -1 xp and the exp bar says '100% exp' on fresh character or after relogging into the game,
* Changed 'Army button' To 'Spell book' in the tutorial,
* 'Guard' has been changed to 'Defense',
* You now gain a level doing the Tutorial takes you from 'Level 0' to 'Level 1' once you complete the tutorial,
* Fixed the patch notes on Launcher not aligning with the background image.

Known Bug(s):

* Tool Tip on player shows wrong class/title,
* Wrong Hover over Class/Title.

Gone live! Launcher downloads new version!

• 2 months later...
Looking to add someone to the DOLT! PM me if you can do graphical work, Like YouTube art/in-game art (no modelling!). You will be a full fledge member of the DOLT and any money made from the Premium store will be split amongst the DOLT.

Finally caught back up to where I was before HDD failure.

Night Time
![](http://puu.sh/lk6xf/17d7490bd1.jpg)

Wizard's Quater
![](http://puu.sh/lkboQ/6158ef04c6.jpg)

Town
![](http://puu.sh/lkw7t/f5adeeb70a.jpg)

Moved the Moongate and the Tree of Life to the corner of the settlement rather than sitting in the middle. Redone the entire mountain side that was chiseled away to create the settlement. Added another building to the settlement the Warehouse

![](http://puu.sh/lnMH3/64e20e7f73.jpg)

![](http://puu.sh/lnCfl/50beb78036.jpg)

Been working on this cave for 2 days. This is where you can Forge using the 'Blacksmithing' skill. The NPC to the left is a lower level warrior/guardian vendor and the guy to the right is a high level vendor of the same type.

![](http://puu.sh/lpvuB/c12832355e.jpg)

The new vendor (the higher quality one) is the first npc in-game to be seated so took a long time to animate him!

Thanks guys,

I would of replied sooner, but didn't want to post loads of little posts on here so was waiting for a new update,

The anti cheat has been redone, Speed hacking, Injection and Wall hacks  are now captured and the client is forced to close. Without releasing too much I based it on my own custom Eclipse anti cheat I did for DOL and was used pre-release Arkadia. Not wanting to go into much detail on each one, but in a quick, easy way of informing you, You have X amounts of false positives for speed hacking and once you hit X the game client is forced to close down to prevent a cheater ruining the fun. The other techniques I used do not use this false positives as my capturing only works when something is edited that should not of been so no way it could be a false positive.

New server selection menu. I redid this along time ago with a Church and a little bit of detail in the background. This time I've put a mountain, house, lights ect but kept it simple.

![](http://puu.sh/lr51s/927ebd8ab1.jpg)

Also fixed all the AA tears on the prefabs, and adjusted all the settings options, lowest has everything set to low, and fantasic has everything set to max :).

Had Genusis online today and we discovered a few things:

Chat input limited to 50 characters (changed to 100)
Collider boxes missing from the tables at the back of the new Blacksmiths cave (added them)
Camera zooms right in when something blocks the view between player and camera. (Already knew about this, going to change it soon)
Resurrection window spelling mistake.

Other than those, we had fun slaying snakes and sharing experience :D. Hopefully I can get some content added and a new video that includes other people soon!

**Classes**
Warrior:
- Gains +1 Attack per level.
- x3 better at 'Mining' & 'Blacksmithing'

Mage:
- Gains +1 Magic per level.
- x3 better at 'Tailoring' & 'Inscription'

Guardian:
- Gains +1 Defense per level.
- x3 better at 'Cartography' and 'Taming'

Magic: Decides your maximum Mana and effects your spell's effect by a small %. Improves 'Mana Potion' effect.
Defense: Decides your maximum Health. Improves 'Heal Potion' effect.

**Town Portals**
You can travel back to town, and return to your original spot. Good for pre-raids and buying supplies.
![](http://puu.sh/lsKHO/5a34dce98f.jpg)

**Buffs**
![](http://puu.sh/lsKLd/04c4e2c252.jpg)

**Resurrection scroll**
To resurrect a dead player. Right click on the scroll and select the body.

**Town scroll**
Go to the town via a town gate will summon, you will able to go back your position. Gates will dispel in 60 seconds.

**Bless Scroll**
There are two types of this scroll. "Experience" and "Battle Skill".
"Experience" will buff your receiving experience points.
Battle Skill will buff your ranged and melee attacks (not spells)
Will dispel in 30 minutes

**Loot Scroll**
This scroll buffs your loot from monsters. Will dispel in 30 minutes

**Class Changer Scroll**
You can buy it from Elite Mage Vendors in towns. Use to change your class (Warrior, Wizard, Guardian)
You can change your class every time, unlimited.

**Polymorph Scrolls**
Lets you Polymorph into a monster form for 180 seconds. You can find these scrolls in monster loot pools:

Snake: Polymorph effects to physical attack 20%
Rat: Polymorph effects to physical attack 30%
Giant Bee: Polymorph effects to magic 40%
Giant Spider: Polymorph effects to magic 50%
Watcher: Polymorph effects to physical attack 60%
Giant Snake: Polymorph effects to physical attack 70%
Skeleton: Polymorph effects to magic 80%
Wolf: Polymorph effects to physical attack 90%
Giant: Polymorph effects to physical attack 100%
Bandit: Polymorph effects to physical attack 110%
Gargoyle: Polymorph effects to magic 120%
Undead Knight: Polymorph effects to physical attack 130%
Wizard: Polymorph effects to magic 150%
Elite Wizard: Polymorph effects to magic 170%
Witch: Polymorph effects to magic 180%
Giant Lord: Polymorph effects to physical attack 210%
Hell Spider: Polymorph effects to magic 250%
Kerki: Polymorph effects to magic 300%
Devil: Polymorph effects to magic 500%

**Taming**
Can be made with a 'Taming Staff' to tame a monster.
A= (Quality of your taming staff) x (random value between 0 & 8) x [if your class is Guardian: random value between 1&3]
B= Current health of the target monster / 2

if A>B taming will be successful

**Tailoring**
Done with a 'Scissors' and a 'Cloth' to craft robes and hats.

**Cartography**
Done with a 'Treasure Map' and a 'Magic Ball' to get have a chance to win some items by completing the puzzle. The time 
allowed to complete the puzzle and your moves are generated by the magic ball's quality. So be careful if you are examining
a high quality treasure map with a low quality magic ball.

**Treasure chests and levels.**
Not revelant with cartography, everyone can open these chests. You can see the potential treasure chest spawn points on your map.
There is 4 different quality chest available.
- Low
- Medium
- High
- Legendary

**Weapons and Properties**
Speed: Decides your attack speed.
Damage Power: Effects the Damage formula
Range: Decides max attacking range

**Titles**
Best skill value < 50 =  Novice
49 < Best skill value < 70 =  Apprentice
69 < Best skill value < 90 = Expert
89 < Best skill value < 120 =  Master
119 < Best skill value < 150 =  Grandmaster
Best skill value > 150 =  Legendary

**Other Systems**
-Receiving experience and loot
Maximum 5 heroes can get experience from a monster. But only the highest damage of those 5 heroes will get the loot.

-About PvP
PvP is just for fun. Available at Arena

**Fixes:**
Fixed the -1 health required to die bug.