Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mafia (vs. 3)

death

> When someone starts a game of Mafia, that person is considered the GM of the mafia and is not a player, they only manage the players and enforce the rules.
>
> Anyone may sign up for a Mafia, often by simply posting "in!" on the thread when it's in its beginning stages, and once the GM believes he has a satisfactory number of people, he will close the sign-up period and begin the game.
>
> Mafia, to put it simply, is basically a large group of players, and some of those players are contacted by the GM at the beginning and told that they are the **Mafia**. Everyone else is contacted and told they are **townspeople**, or townies.
>
> The objectives are simple: the Mafia's goal in the game is to kill every townsperson, and the townie's goal is to kill all the mafia.
>
> The main differences between the two factions is that the Mafia are considered to be an **Informed Minority**, that is, all the Mafia know who eachother are, and can coordinate their efforts. The townspeople are known as the **Uninformed Majority**, that is, there are many more townspeople than there are Mafia, but none of the townspeople are informed as to who are townspeople and who are mafia, and have to use reasoning skills to deduce who the Mafia are.
>
> The game itself is separated into rounds, called **days**, and between each day is a **night**.
>
> Each day, all the players are allowed to talk in the thread. On top of this, the players are allowed to **vote** for people to **lynch**. By this, I mean that at the end of the day (determined by the GM), whomever has the most votes will be killed by the moderator, and then forbidden from play. The Town must use this method of killing players to try to eliminate all the Mafia, however, the Mafia can also use this to mislead the town, and direct the lynchings toward Town players.
>
> At night, no one is allowed to talk in the thread (although PM'ing may still be allowed) and the Mafia are allowed to perform one **Nightkill**, that is, they are allowed to kill one player of their choosing, and that player is removed from play in the same way a lynched player is. It is through this method that the Mafia must try to eliminate all the Townspeople.
>
> At the end of the night, a new day begins, and the process starts over. This will continue either until either all the Mafia are dead, or the Mafia have an undeniable advantage in votes.
>
> On top of all that, depending on the Mafia one is playing in, players at the start of the game will be PM'd by the GM and given a special **Role**. That is, they will have special powers beyond being ordinary townspeople or mafia. These roles are too numerous to list, so it's best to consult with the local rules that the GM undoubtedly placed, and ask questions if you're confused about anything.
>
> Lastly, be very certain to read the rules of every Mafia you plan to join, as any of the above might be altered in it's style of the house rules.
>
> That, to my knowledge, is mafia in its most basic form. I hope I haven't overlooked anything.
>
> [A Flash Animation that is very helpful and instructive.](http://cataldo.freeshell.org/mafia/mafiascum04.swf)

Roles:
Townspeople: Quick simple, these are the people who are trying to get rid of the Mafia to make thier town safer. They do this by killing a random person each day. **PRO-TOWN**

Mafia: Again, simple. These are the people who want to control the town, and to do that they must kill the townspeople. Either all of them, or until they have the majority of the votes during the day. They choose to kill someone during the night. **PRO-MAFIA**

Cop: The cop is a very common role for the Town side. Each night they contact the mod on who they would like to investigate to find out if they are on the Mafia or the towns side. **PRO-TOWN**

Doctor: The doctor is a very powerful ally to the town. He contacts the mod each night and tells them who he wishes to protect from a mafia attack during the night. **PRO-TOWN**

Godfather: He is the member of the mafia who appears inoccent to the Cop. **PRO-MAFIA**

Serial Killer: This man is a lone Mafia player. The serial killer kills once per night, and his goal is to be the sole survivor. **NO ALLIENMENT**.

Governer: The governer has the ability to prevent a Lycnh from happening. Once a Lynch has occoured, the Govenor is secretly given the opertunity to tell the GM to stop the Lynch. If he does use this power, night will begien as usual. The Govener cannot stop his own Lynch and cannot stop the same person being Lynched twice. **PRO-TOWN**

Narrator: To get rid of the annoyence of being killed first, that person becomes the 'Narrator'. The Mafia must inform this victim of their death without revealing who did it. This can include witty humor such as "The police chief said, 'Bob was shot seven times, stabbed three times, and drowned in the river. This is the worst case of suicide I've ever seen.'" **NO ALLINMENT**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Current Time:** DAY of day **3**
Day: 6:00am - 6:00pm (GMT +0) (Or until a Lynch is made.)
Night: 6:00pm (Or when Lynch is made) - 6:00am (GMT +0)

Last one to die was:  (S)He turned out to be a Pro-Town|Pro-Mafia.

Dead(s) =
Pro-Town =
Pro-Mafia =
Neutral =

Current players:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will start this at 6am when I get enough players. From there day will be for 12 hours as normal. At 6pm, the govener has 1 hour to PM me if they want to save the person. No PM in that hour, no save. From then there is 12 hours of night. If I get no PM during that time, no kill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...