Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MyWorld's New World Map Graphics. :)

azkanan

@HawkStorm:

> I like them Azkanan, but they could use more color. it is kinda boring looking at it if you were walking over it for extended periods of time.

Adding more colour would negate the idea of it being on a parchment…

(We are going to make the player's character change to some sort of marker when they enter the world map)...

@HawkStorm:

> Ok that would make it much better. Lol i just thought it weird that this is supposed to be a realistic game, but your walking on a giant map.

We are also removing the UI, should be less cumbersome. It's the first step to making it more RPGish. Character, Party, Options, Exit, etc will be available in a menu via hitting a key, just like in most old RPGs (Not including most first-person RPGs)… :B

@Anna:

> I like it but it would be better if you could have a stylised player sprite to fit the parchment theme while traversing the world map.

If Anna likes it, it must be better than bad! And, yeah, what Typh quoted me on above, about the sprites… Just gotta figure rout what to make them as. Maybe miniture peoples, or a pointer, or some sort of Quill...

@Anna:

> A "sketch" style drawing of an explorer (like holding up a faction flag or something).

That's what I originally planned for MyConqueror! Well, not an explorer, but a pointer (depending on what faction you chose) and then a banner the player could design.
But, in MyWorld, when you scroll over the player, or click them, a small portfolio pops up with their Portrait and basic information.

Update! Did a simple marker sprite; the arrow is meant to flash when you're moving between two version of the arrow (So it looks like it's blimping), but, due to the sprite bug with 2.x, it flashes on and off when moving…
I any case, that should be fixed by Solar, so no worries.

![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/azkanan/newmorjk.jpg)