Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Madalin Vlad Graphic Design shop - Logos, banners, business cards, etc.

MadalinV

Why you added a website example, a design that isn't even yours? [If you're the guy on ragezone named Sector, then ok, nice]

If you're not, I suggest to put examples of your own work.

Some logo designs are pretty good, others are just meh.

About Pixel art, I suggest to not focus too much on pixel art.

Try something much better in order to get money like 3D, also learn rigging and animations, you can get serious money by doing that, trust me :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Why you added a website example, a design that isn't even yours? [If you're the guy on ragezone named Sector, then ok, nice]
>
> If you're not, I suggest to put examples of your own work.
>
>  
>
> Some logo designs are pretty good, others are just meh.
>
>  
>
> About Pixel art, I suggest to not focus too much on pixel art.
>
> Try something much better in order to get money like 3D, also learn rigging and animations, you can get serious money by doing that, trust me :)

Sector is part of the team.

I don't really like complex things like 3D model making, etc, and I like retro games (mostly pokemon and Zelda, but also Zenonia, which is kind of a Legend of Zelda in HD for android and iOS), so pixel art is what I'm into (a bit).

Could you point what makes which logo bad, for improvement reasons.

You can learn pixel art for your projects or if you're lucky to get hired.

About logos

Some of them looks bumpy, and resized looks terrible. [you should figure it out wich]

Though I like the clean logo you did, the EverEmber one, looks very good, nice and simple, perfect logo.

Other logos wich looks bad, have way too many FXs.

One suggestion about your services.

You should never say that you are free for hire, if you don't have time.

>! I'm aware of the emptiness of the portofolio, but I don't have enough spare time to work and do stuff for the portofolio, I barely have time to work xD
>! I'm waiting for the summer so I can start developing my pixel art skills.
>!  
>! You're waiting for summer to develop your pixel art skills, bad idea, if you don't have a project wich will bring you some kind of profit.
>! You can't say you will do it for hobby, since this thread is obviously meant for you to make some money.
>!  
>! Studying pixel art is a long time consumable process, you should examine many styles of pixel art, observe the palette used, how many colors, how everything is connected together, etc.
>!  
>! And the worst part, animating pixel art.
>!  
>! Game companies make Pixel art sprites and environment from 3D models rendered to 2D, when there are way too many frames to make, it's a lot cheaper.
>! Nowadays they have programmers wich will easily render everything in pixel art if they want, and for the final touch some manual work.
>!  
>! Back in the day, when I was working for a chinese gaming company, I had to model 3D chibi people, low poly ofc.
>! We didn't had the resources needed to auto render in pixel art, so after we done with animating the character,  we had to Manually color everything in Pixel Art, we had certain color palettes and instructions.
>!  
>! If you think 3D is way too complex and useless, then you are so wrong.

> You can learn pixel art for your projects or if you're lucky to get hired.
> You should never say that you are free for hire, if you don't have time.
>
> >! I'm aware of the emptiness of the portofolio, but I don't have enough spare time to work and do stuff for the portofolio, I barely have time to work xD
> I'm waiting for the summer so I can start developing my pixel art skills.

I posted this topic in order to get work for me AND my team. I'm not supposed to slow the whole team down just because I might not have enough time.

> You're waiting for summer to develop your pixel art skills, bad idea, if you don't have a project wich will bring you some kind of profit.
> You can't say you will do it for hobby, since this thread is obviously meant for you to make some money.

Since I'm starting a game, I'll be the pixel artist.

> Studying pixel art is a long time consumable process, you should examine many styles of pixel art, observe the palette used, how many colors, how everything is connected together, etc.

I already know the basics, and I've done only a few things in pixel art, one thing is a character with rpg maker sprite base, it can be seen on my portofolio in the Other section, and another one is a side view of a blue wasp.

> And the worst part, animating pixel art.
>  
> Game companies make Pixel art sprites and environment from 3D models rendered to 2D, when there are way too many frames to make, it's a lot cheaper.
> Nowadays they have programmers wich will easily render everything in pixel art if they want, and for the final touch some manual work.

I don't think I'll be hired by a company that would need that much work (yet it would be nice xD). I also use aseprite, which has frame support in order to make GIFs.

> If you think 3D is way too complex and useless, then you are so wrong.

I never said it is useless, I said it looks too complex for me, the whole process of making a 3D work.

• 2 weeks later...
Added two logos to my portfolio:
This is for my "summer project" involving rpg maker vx ace and a harsh life-like story:
![](http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/195/b/f/raithe_logo_by_fireskull98-d7qo7oi.png)
And this is a commission work:
![](http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/195/0/7/godwind_by_fireskull98-d7qo83w.png)
Check out [http://godwindorpg.blogspot.co.uk](http://godwindorpg.blogspot.co.uk) for the game which the commission above was made for. :)

Bump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...