Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drum'n'bass programs.

Drummerpete

@Xeross:

> Magix Music Maker is more sample oriented whilst the ones I listed are more VST orientated.
>
> And there's almost nothing free but most of it is "free" *wink*

I have FL Studio, it's terrible D<. Well, for me. I've tried at least 4 times to use it, and I can never understand how to. I guess it's a loveit-hateit thing.

@Tidetiger:

> > Audacity is a recording program, not a music program.
>
> You can use it as a simple drum and bass program but it takes understanding and wave editting experience, to the untrained eye yes, it is a recording program.

To the untrained eye a carrot is a carrot..

Don't treat me like I'm an idiot.

@Tidetiger:

> Well you should know you can use audactiy as more than a recording program,
>
> and yes it can be used to make music.

Yes but you need to set everything a certain way and you'll still need outside programs or source sound files. Things like Cubase have most tools and instruments already emulated.

Just as you can do anything in Paint, doesn't mean it's efficient or better.

@Tidetiger:

> Most Of Cubase VST is awefully!!! if you want to make really good music assuming it for a game, look on the internet for royalty free loops

GTFO with your loops.

P.S.: Sorry to be that blunt but a good musician doesn't use loops, maybe a few drump samples and soundfonts but not loops (Unless his own or when he's making a remix).

hmm last time i checked, a melody/chord structure/ consisting of a repetitive nature is often called a loop.

most of music is consisted of 'loops'

check the circle of 5ths, that is one big loop.

and i have done remixes and produced my own loops for many musicians over the years, so i know what im talking about.

p.s most well known producers of today use loops.

unless your into 20 minute epic minimalistic pieces, you will use loops more than you know.

1\. Audacity I use for recording myself playing instruments/singing. I then use it to put the tracks in order, and it's friggin awesome zoom ability to edit the waves. So, you are both right. Now shut up about that.

2\. A loop;
    "Loops are short sections of tracks (probably between one and four bars in length), which you believe might work being repeated." A loop is not "_any_ sample, but…specifically a small section of sound that's repeated continuously." Contrast with a one-shot sample. (Duffell 2005, p.14)

"A loop is a sample of a performance that has been edited to repeat seamlessly when the audio file is played end to end." (Hawkins 2004, p. 10)

~~~~~~

Basically, you are both half-right. It's a "short clip of sound" and also a "melody of a repetative nature", not by definition each of it's own, so, I guess that makes you both wrong.

Tidetiger, you're a newbie. People are going to treat you like Trash and ignore your stubbornly-placed "work history by years of count" help until they see something from you which is actually helpful to them personally; that's just how forums work. New-comers are on their own, because everybody has their own "Group of friends". You have to fit into one at some point, or form your own. Either of these paths are no accomplished by acting as you are acting now. Being funny is unfunny if you have nobody who knows who you are.

Pete, he is trying to help. Sure, in an annoying know-it-all-fuck-you-otherwise way, but at least his heart is in the right place. He just needs to get knocked down a couple of notches.

~~~~~~~~

End of boiling flamewar. Continue thread.