Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kid's Blog - HoTTopic.

Link

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I would LOVE to have the top prize be a custom user group in which you can invite up to say 10 people or something, just as Kid has suggested.

>_> I see multiple things wrong with this…..Win a programming(Or anything) contest and get the ability to make a possy.....Gj, Sky...Gj... 

Yeah, screw $10, EO 4 Membership or some crap, I want to make a group with 5 to 10 people or so and we can look so kewl and stuff and we can like...ah...Be kewl together.....and ah..... Yay... 

>! ![](http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/wtf-is-this-shit.jpg)

I'm sorry, Friend, but that's just Hilarious. 

Tis new, Tis hip to the hap, cause this is bullcrap..-.-

Have I offended you in some way?

Yes, I would LOVE to see a custom usergroup for contest winners…

You said that you see multiple things wrong with this, yet you haven't pointed out one...

What on earth is wrong with having a group for you and your friends? You could have it expire after a month or when the next contest kicks in...

> Have I offended you in some way?
>
>  
>
> Yes, I would LOVE to see a custom usergroup for contest winners…
>
>  
>
> You said that you see multiple things wrong with this, yet you haven't pointed out one...
>
>  
>
> What on earth is wrong with having a group for you and your friends? You could have it expire after a month or when the next contest kicks in...

What is the point exactly? How will that benefit you or your project in any way >_>. Win a contest and you want to make a group…I see a lot of Point in that.

Okay, let me point those multiple things out shall I :3.

1: There's no reason other than to look good with your friends and show, " HEY! :D, I won and all I got was this group and different colored name!" o-o. 

2: It seems so childish. Winning a contest just to make a group, there are things that would further benefit you as a reward for your talent being chosen as 1# in a contest.

3: Okay, lets say I'm a normal person who is really good at programming, I enter a contest on the forums I'm apart of in hopes to win a group I can be in with my friends and what does that do exactly for you, your project or your time ._.?

And to answer your other question, No you have not offended me. I just see that suggestion as a complete waste of time if It ever was made real cause there are better things around here than your own custom group.

Well, we're dealing with make-believe rewards here. I can't afford to donate any cash for prizes so I find that a custom user group would be a better reward than some forum points ahaha.

Good, I'm glad I didn't offend you, I was like 'what in the world did I do :O'

In terms of benefiting your project, I suppose it could, if a random guest comes in, sees a unique coloured name, and then decides to go check out the game, but in all reality, it's not that helpful.

What, in your opinion, WOULD be helpful to one's project as a reward from a forum contest?

> What, in your opinion, WOULD be helpful to one's project as a reward from a forum contest?

1# Hosting at at-least half price

2# A small amount of funds maybe

3# Free Advertisement on the Forums for a few months or so or maybe until the next contest

4# A custom website or GUI made for your game.

Something like one of those would most likely benefit a project a lot more than some kind of group thing o3o.

But most of those are generally unrealistic.

What if you were making a game outside of 4.0? They couldn't exactly give you free hosting then.

Custom Website/GUI for your game requires work and/or money. Not very likely AT ALL from Eclipse.

Funds, again, equals money. Not coming from a broke guy like me, and not likely from these forums.

Advertising is plausible though ^.^

> But most of those are generally unrealistic.
>
>  
>
> What if you were making a game outside of 4.0? They couldn't exactly give you free hosting then.
>
>  
>
> Custom Website/GUI for your game requires work and/or money. Not very likely AT ALL from Eclipse.
>
>  
>
> Funds, again, equals money. Not coming from a broke guy like me, and not likely from these forums.
>
>  
>
>  
>
> Advertising is plausible though ^.^

Pretty sure most of us (Including me) Know how to make a GUI and or, A website o-o… It's actually not that hard.

4/6/2014 - 2:36AM

Going to stop replying cause I'm really Tired XD, See you tomorrow.

> Pretty sure most of us (Including me) Know how to make a GUI and or, A website o-o… It's actually not that hard.

Website = Money (about $100 for 2 years of unlimited hosting)

Money I don't have, and this forum will most likely not donate.

GUI's aren't hard to make, I've made a few myself, they are just time consuming. I'm sure as heck not gonna make any contest winner a free GUI. If you find a volunteer, let me know.

Anyways, this is going off topic. If you wish to discuss this further with me, shoot me a pm :D

> 1# Hosting at at-least half price
>
>  2# A small amount of funds maybe
>
> 3# Free Advertisement on the Forums for a few months or so or maybe until the next contest
>
> 4# A custom website or GUI made for your game.
>
>  
>
> Something like one of those would most likely benefit a project a lot more than some kind of group thing o3o.

These can all be said only, not done. 

Not everyone here is actually making a game. There just here for the lolz (Because most of them have nothing better to do). Not sure if you were here during the time of Marsh but cash prizes for pretty rare. I don't remember having them after I joined. Custom groups and signatures and special name tags and stuff were the only prizes available.

I forgot about this thread, 

While I agree with what Kid says, banning me for 24 hours because mod failed to actually warn me in a correct fashion and your muteing system failed. What got me was the attitude of well it was about me, so i can do what i want. I did not swear, draw rude pictures all i did was make 99.5% of the people laugh and i started moving onto normal members, i mentioned my self, Kidd, Jc, Amish to name a few. Amish joined in with my earlier jokes about the Source for Eclipse been a golden scroll in Palace De Maddye and guarded by a three legged dog and his friend Jerry who was in a wheelchair. But all of a sudden im the worst person ever for pretending a mod had SENT me a letter asking for nudez. Its called having a laugh but ill just be mr picky/selfish/rude/blunt from now on and ill be the new Robin Perris - but i just wont release any work or help out. 

On a side note some very good suggestions have been made ill host a competition for a cash prise or something just to show im not actually a c**t like i have been made to look

p.s f spelling eating chicken sandwiches - i has a lyfe

edit: whilst i remember, of course the staff are going to "agree" with my punishment, else you are saying his actions were bad which would require him to apologise. You'll always stick with each other no matter how in the wrong they are.

edit edit

This is my final word on the matter, nobody actually got to hear my side of the story just what the staff said about me when they thought I was gone for 24 hours. Its in the past but since it has been brought up I had to give my side of the story as its all been staff sided so far. If anyone would like to know more, feel free to contact me via skype or on here and I am more than happy to show screen shots, the pictures I linked in the shout box. This will not be discussed publicly any more.

The fact that you're proud of having dead weight is sad and means you're desperate to get something from nothing.

Im not saying to recruit more members, but it seems a little bit too off balance to have like 20 admins and 1 moderator.

To put my opinion into the Custom User groups thing, the "Elitism" thing is not entirely true, i have never seen this so called elitism when someone DID win a custom user group.

Anywho, I'll be back to reply to this once again when i can!

Speaking of contests prizes, how about time for prize?

Let's say the contest starter is a good programmer, offer a coded system to the winner. (Exception on EO4 users)

Or someone great at mapping, offer a couple maps to the winner.

Or someone great at pixel art, offer a couple pixels to the winner.

Or someone great at logo/banners, offer a game logo/banner to the winner.

Or someone great at writing, offer a story plot to the winner.

Of course we'd not want someone like Sky to create a mapping contest because Sky is very good at mapping, he'd want to partake.

Same as we'd not want someone like Matt to create a programming contest because he'd partake.

Nah, we don't want Agora to create a writing contest, because he'd partake.

So a contest starter would have to make a contest which they don't care much to partake in, and offer the reward for which they're strong suited in.

The incentive is for game development because the forum is Eclipse development.

I find little reason for custom groups, it involves admins, and as I said before, they only need to be serving me coffee and adding arcade games on the forums.

• 2 weeks later...
**Entry 3 (Unheard voices, shattered opinions):**

>! Here's for my third entry upon something that happened recently in a topic that was made, which brought me to a few conclusions..now I'm not pointing any fingers and I could be wrong, but it seems like now when you guys want to deal with something you just remove it or hide it instead of actually confronting a member and letting them know why you took action if the action you took was even right to begin with. There should be tranquility and fairness for all, I thought the unspoken rule of eclipse was that a voiced opinion was very well accepted here, but as of late it seems that's not the case, where maybe 3 member's comments were deleted because they, to my understanding, expressed themselves freely, I wont name those members and I wont name the topic you know who you are <3
>!  
>! If there are no rules that stand against their action then deleting their posts or removing them when the owner of the topic himself seemed to have no problem against it and it wasn't negatively effecting anyone in the community then the actions taken against these members are wrong. That's just my opinion, get some rules up, start interacting with the members instead of brushing them aside. On the up side, staff seem more active for the time being and things seem calm as usual, there's tranquility there in that sense.
>!  
>! That's it for entry number three!
>!  
>! - Kid

OK I will chime in here.

First yes there really are over 11,000 registered EO4 Servers. As of this minute, there are 11,292.

Second when I refer to activity going up I am only refering to the time since I bought the site. 

Third a new set of rules is coming JC has a very good first draft, I hope we can get them up this week.

Fourth yes I do delete some comments. I would not allow someone to come to my house and insult me or my home, and

I will not allow it here either.

**Entry Number 4 (Guidlines and Feelings):**

>! Well in the said topic no one was directly being insulted, saying this forum has gotten a bit dead would not be an insult if it appears to be a fact, however saying "I hate this forum and the owners, they should all burn and rot in hell," is something I could see as an insult that should be dealt with. There was no flaming in the said topic or insult of that kind. I would also like the add, by request of the member himself, that it has even gone as far as being banned needlessly without so much as a warning, to my knowledge. Growlith was banned and he'd like me to add that he wont be coming back.
>!  
>! Why was he banned exactly? What were the grounds of his ban? Could lighter action have been taken such as a warning issued by pm? It leads me to believe the ban was colored by personal feelings. So not only was he banned without a proper warning, but your own guidlines aren't being followed.
>!  
>! "you can add this to your blog thing. i was banned for expressing my opinion"
>! "you should also say i won't be coming back if you will"
>!  
>! ![](http://i.gyazo.com/5892824be205ba2ba4c823ab2a857ace.png)
>!  
>! That is all, with this sad entry the light has not only been shed on the situation, but we lose yet another member who has contributed their time and work to this forums. What more can I say here? Will I be banned next for making my entries? You could be next if you "speak your mind."
>!  
>! On the bright side it's nice to hear that there are some rules being made and some action is finally being taken.
>!  
>! - Kid

Wow, growlith has been removed for 24 hours? I felt exactly the same when i was banned, I did not want to return but its a place i can hang around from time to time.

Growlith you will be missed.

Amish, when I came to you're house I wiped my feet on the way out. jus' sayin'.

Growlith was banned for 24 hours, because he reposted the same thing 3 times in a row, after it had been taken down, and he clearly stated that he didn't care that we were moderating him, and that he would say, what he wanted to.

> Growlith was banned for 24 hours, because he reposted the same thing 3 times in a row, after it had been taken down, and he clearly stated that he didn't care that we were moderating him, and that he would say, what he wanted to.

Well, I think we SHOULD be able to say what we want to. I'm not for attacking other members directly, but when it comes to addressing an issue, I feel that we have a right of free speech. 

I don't really have any grudges with any admin or you Amish, but I DO feel that we need a change. This place was once so magical, now we'll be lucky to achieve 2 new posts every other 5 hours. 

Banning people for speaking their mind is just childish, and you'd think the leaving of so many active members time and time again would've gotten some reaction by now, but sadly, it hasn't.

I'm considering leaving myself, and I'm this site's most active member (I believe. Pretty sure.)

Not sure what you're gonna have to change, but it's gotta happen fast.