Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need a programmer ?

xXaden

> You are a very old dude with a lot of experience, and you argued with me when I was like what 16? I've grown up since then, you argued with me way over your growth age, so don't give me that *. Grow up and quit lying. I don't buy programming from people anymore, because I am better than most nowadays. I am not the same kid you suckered into donating for your engine or commissions. When your work sucked and wasn't worth what I paid for it. You had clips in the art which distorted the quality such as parts being cut off, and you wouldn't even give me the PSD. You thought I would steal it and claim it as my own.

36 years is hardly very old :P I'd prefer to refer to it as 'experienced'. The fact I was programming and working with primitive graphics decades before you were born is besides the point.

And it seems you haven't changed a bit.

I came here to simply give Xaden credit for his programming abilities, as he has a young family to feed as I do and anyone worth their weight in salt would try and make money using said abilities.

Enough said. If you don't wish to utilize his services then you should do him the service of kindly exiting the thread.

regards.

Devo.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I came here to simply give Xaden credit for his programming abilities, as he has a young family to feed as I do and anyone worth their weight in salt would try and make money using said abilities.
> Devo.

I hope that he doesn't rely on programming in Visual Basic 6 to feed his family. You can make so much more money if you just learn .NET or web-based languages. There's a reason why I dropped my programming shop cause it wasn't worth the time. You two are still in the past, looking at things in such a very small spectrum. That's why you don't go anywhere with any of your projects for the past decade or so, so time to learn how to adapt I guess? Or be like the fish that didn't evolve lungs.

Anyway, like I said good luck. I'm not here to trash talk, but to say that you are wrong. I dont hate you or Xaden, but I do hate that no one ever listens to my advice.

> I hope that he doesn't rely on programming in Visual Basic 6 to feed his family. You can make so much more money if you just learn .NET or web-based languages. There's a reason why I dropped my programming shop cause it wasn't worth the time. You two are still in the past, looking at things in such a very small spectrum. That's why you don't go anywhere with any of your projects for the past decade or so, so time to learn how to adapt I guess? Or be like the fish that didn't evolve lungs.
>
> Anyway, like I said good luck. I'm not here to trash talk, but to say that you are wrong. I dont hate you or Xaden, but I do hate that no one ever listens to my advice.

He is proficient in many languages, but VB6 seems to be still quite popular with people who are just starting out. If I was starting out again, I'd probably go with C or javascript, but that's hindsight for you. What you see on the surface is very little of what goes on in the background, me personally I have actually been well into 3D games for quite some time, I don't think we could pull a great 3D based engine off so that's why we stuck to 2D in that respect. 

Not that I feel obliged to provide examples of what I do with my spare time, but if you feel inclined here, check out my [youtube channel](https://www.youtube.com/user/GeoffroAU).. or my [thingiverse](http://www.thingiverse.com/Geoffro/made) page… Just on your remark about how we are stuck in the past, it's quite the contrary. I have been 3d modelling and playing with my 3D printer for the past couple of years..  if that's stuck in the past then lol.

> He is proficient in many languages, but VB6 seems to be still quite popular with people who are just starting out. If I was starting out again, I'd probably go with C or javascript, but that's hindsight for you. What you see on the surface is very little of what goes on in the background, me personally I have actually been well into 3D games for quite some time, I don't think we could pull a great engine off so that's why we stuck to 2D in that respect.

No problem man. I was too big of a dick in my last few posts. I am retro cause those games are easier to make, and I grew up playing them. Someone has to make them, and companies of course want big money they will stay with 3D because they believe it makes the most money, but in the retrospect sometimes a bunch of small projects can make more than one giant one anywho.

• 1 month later...
Your thread is decently put together, and you seem to have a bit of experience under your belt, so I'll go ahead and vouch for you.

Good luck, man. There aren't nearly as many people using VB6 engines as there used to be, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a bit of work.

Edit: Grammar 0_0

• 3 weeks later...
no because of the time involved, and the more somebody wants done on there project (Multiple features or Slots) the more discounts i can give.

that price covers making the item type, creating the extra equipment slot server side and client side, positioning the slot client side, programming the editor and updating all packets and even making it work with paperdoll.

thanks !

> no because of the time involved, and the more somebody wants done on there project (Multiple features or Slots) the more discounts i can give.
>
> that price covers making the item type, creating the extra equipment slot server side and client side, positioning the slot client side, programming the editor and updating all packets and even making it work with paperdoll.
>
> thanks !

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I would consider bumping it down to 5\. I can program in extra equipment slots in like, five minutes.

Regardless, most of your products look really well done and I wish you the best of luck!

no offense taken, generally when the customer purchases multiple slots i am flexible with the price down to that amount, ill keep your suggestion in mind though as an everyday low price :)

thanks for the kind words and i wish you the best of luck as well :)