Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eternal Arts; A freelancing web designer team.

MadalinV

• 4 weeks later...
You are insane to think you can start a team and have them pay you… that's now how this works. Wither you convince them for for for free, or you pay them. Taking peoples money for their work make it sound like you are trying to scam people out of money. In fact demanding a team pays you for their work is borderline Illegal in a lot of places.

NO ONE will sign up for this.

> You are insane to think you can start a team and have them pay you… that's now how this works. Wither you convince them for for for free, or you pay them. Taking peoples money for their work make it sound like you are trying to scam people out of money. In fact demanding a team pays you for their work is borderline Illegal in a lot of places.
>
>  
>
> NO ONE will sign up for this.

Agreed. I really see no incentive to give my $10 away every month lol.

> Why do you need five sketchers? Surely sketching is a mock-up process done by the designers?

Yes, it is, I'm going to remove that entry.

> You are insane to think you can start a team and have them pay you… that's now how this works. Wither you convince them for for for free, or you pay them. Taking peoples money for their work make it sound like you are trying to scam people out of money. In fact demanding a team pays you for their work is borderline Illegal in a lot of places.
>  
> NO ONE will sign up for this.

I saw it different in my mind when I thought about it. But yes, I might remove that info from there too.

Edited main post!

• 1 month later...
No offense, but how are you guys gonna train them?

You didn't even bother mentioning the people who are in the "Team", their background, etc.

Also, you guys didn't even got a proper website, just a deviant art group thingie, that shows you never got money or ehrm enough money to pay for a domain and host, that being said, how you guys are gonna train newbies when not even even you cannot make money with what you guys do.

But, you expect to get paid monthly?

Of course you guys can say that you don't have to get paid in order to be good, that's true, but I don't see why else people would want to learn if not for making money.

You can be nice guys and teach them for free, the basics, never force someone to learn your own way, let them find their own.

> No offense, but how are you guys gonna train them?
>
>  
>
> You didn't even bother mentioning the people who are in the "Team", their background, etc.
>
>  
>
> Also, you guys didn't even got a proper website, just a deviant art group thingie, that shows you never got money or ehrm enough money to pay for a domain and host, that being said, how you guys are gonna train newbies when not even even you cannot make money with what you guys do.
>
>  
>
> But, you expect to get paid monthly?
>
>  
>
> Of course you guys can say that you don't have to get paid in order to be good, that's true, but I don't see why else people would want to learn if not for making money.
>
>  
>
> You can be nice guys and teach them for free, the basics, never force someone to learn your own way, let them find their own.

[http://art-scream.net](http://art-scream.net) it's also in my signature for a reason. :P

I'll have to redo it since one left and another one isn't online on skype anymore, so I'm again with two other team members.

and yes, the basics, and providing resources & tutorials, we already have 2 resource packs, mostly for signature making ,but they also have Photoshop styles and other stuff.

I never check people's signature.

Though I don't see why people would pay :P

Don't get me wrong, it's natural wanting to make money, but you must think that there are way better artists who teach people better and advanced stuff for free.

The forum looks pretty bad, broken images, some errors sometimes.

That's not how you start a business.

If you guys want to make money, you have to convince people that you're good at what you're doing.

I suggest:

To Make a Main Page for your website, with the stuff you want to convince people, some infos, some quick demonstrations.

Forum/Community should be optional.

Include an "About" Section, presenting your team and some infos about you.

Make your Custom Resource Pack, with custom made brushes, examples, etc.

Don't use copyrighted images as examples of what you can do with some PS effects.

Idea: Make a Limited Resource Pack, the full one you sell it. [don't forget, use only what you created, not what you editedfrom other's work]

> I never check people's signature.
>
>  
>
> Though I don't see why people would pay :P
>
> Don't get me wrong, it's natural wanting to make money, but you must think that there are way better artists who teach people better and advanced stuff for free.
>
>  
>
> The forum looks pretty bad, broken images, some errors sometimes.
>
>  
>
> That's not how you start a business.
>
>  
>
> If you guys want to make money, you have to convince people that you're good at what you're doing.
>
>  
>
> I suggest:
>
>  
>
> To Make a Main Page for your website, with the stuff you want to convince people, some infos, some quick demonstrations.
>
> Forum/Community should be optional.
>
>  
>
> Include an "About" Section, presenting your team and some infos about you.
>
>  
>
> Make your Custom Resource Pack, with custom made brushes, examples, etc.
>
> Don't use copyrighted images as examples of what you can do with some PS effects.
>
>  
>
> Idea: Make a Limited Resource Pack, the full one you sell it. [don't forget, use only what you created, not what you editedfrom other's work]

I had other users reporting broken images too, but I don't have any problems on firefox, and they also stated that the problems are only on some browsers, not all of them. (I think you're talking about the "home" text under the logo, right?)

I am going to make a webpage, that's what the root of the website is for (atm it's redirecting to the forums).

I'm not going to sell stuff, at least not the resource packs, I intend to help people for free, wether or not they would like to donate or make a purchase from me, that's their choice, I'm not going to ask them for money to get resources.