Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heroes of Newerth

Tyr

![](http://airwalk-media.com/images/thumbs/mari/hon_logo.png)

**Hello everyone,**

After several months looking for a beta key, I got one from a friend.
I wanted to try this beta out for several reasons:

* Its the perfect mix between RTS (the movement) / RPG (the hero leveling) / FPS (the tactics)
* Its already so active on lans / clanbase with $0 spend on publicity
* It looks difficuilt to become a good player, and I like challanges (I also love beeing noob & getting flamed :o)

Now, HoN is basically a copy of the wc3 mod DOTA.. therefor it contains tons of elements from both games and isn't exactly as original as I thought in the first place. Still the game is awesome (altough, I always lose :D)

_So basically, what do you think about this upcomming game?_

PS: For those that also play this game, and like to play with / versus me (or help me?)
feel free to post your username here! (mine: **jestertyr**)

I played the closed beta a few months ago. I gave up because of the shitty community… Every game I went in they said I sucked, and wen I asked for advice so I could become a valuable member of the team, they just hated on me some more. I dare you to find a game with a community worse than this one.

Personally, I don't care about the games personal community. I like to play competitive games like these, I'm not a f.e. Modern Warfare 2 player.. as there is no option to make that game really competitive. Games like cs1.6, cod2, wc3, etc are competitive without any mods.

Any other reasons why you didn't like the game? I would like to know :)

PS: As the beta was opened around august, the community will have changed totally, it would have been full of dota players :)

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=57412.msg609304#msg609304 date=1266314553]
> @.:Ev1ltyphoon:.:
>
> > > [email protected]: invitation sent.
> >
> > Just noticed I had a total of 6 invites. So that's 5 more left ppl!
>
> Don't forget about Marsh.

Lol, didn't see his post :p

@Marsh:

> Ill take one for sure [email protected]

[email protected]: invitation sent.

4 left!

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=57412.msg609323#msg609323 date=1266328549]
> Wow. You weren't kidding the community is shit. I mean, I joined a noob game, and someone flamed me calling me a noob and a retard. . . There was one person in my team accually trying to help me and tell me how to play :l

Thats normal, I just ignore them.. almost all players have played Dota and therefor know what to do. The game is awesome, but very newcommer unfriendly. But once you get the hang of it, you'll be alright ;)

Because your a beta tester you get the opportunity to buy the game for only 30 dollars. After the game is released, you pay more. Sounds logical.

I think that when the game is released, you'll get a card or something to get the game "for free" at the store. Not sure tough.

If anyone wants to play add me on xfire: **godofglory**, as the buddy system in HoN was bugged after the latest patch :/

They might also have a Digital Download for Beta players, that would probably make a little more sense than a card… but what the hell do i know? xD

I've actually been looking at the site, and it seems like a pretty clean-cut of DotA-- when it comes to the general idea of it... i haven't been able to look at to much(such as general gameplay)... But i'll definetly be recommending this to some people that i know like DotA.. :/

@Bobosk:

> I suppose i could try it, been pretty bored on my computer since putting Linux on it xD
> [email protected]
> I read at WineHQ, that this has a linux client, can anyone confirm/deny?

[email protected]: invitation sent.

2 (possibly 3) invites left (Got a PM from someone, but without email, so if I don't get their email before more ppl ask for a key here I'll probably give it to someone else)

@Bobosk:

> They might also have a Digital Download for Beta players, that would probably make a little more sense than a card… but what the hell do i know? xD

Indeed, altough if I pay 30 dollars.. I would like to have a box & a disc too :)

Hate to be a nooby double-poster, but this just grabbed my attention on teh Beta Account Creation Page over at the HoN site..

> Please Note: We apologize for the inconvenience, but Microsoft domains are currently not accepting emails from us. This includes Hotmail, Live, and MSN.

It wasn't there earlier today T.T