Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with you on many of your points. Little to none of the games created or thought about here are ever created. Some notable games have made it to a potential beta phase, and some even a farther release but other than that, there's nothing here but a bunch of idea's. The community is a bunch of power hungry idealists. Nothing less, nothing more. But bringing people's attention to it perhaps makes you look even worse. Let people be people, and do what they want. Life will take it's own course.

Because people using a free 2D ORPG engine based on years old technology always need to take their shit serious amirite?

To people such as me, doing this is a hobby. If for god knows what reason it doesn't work out, tough luck. But I learned from the process regardless. It's not about making money, or being known. It's about having fun and learning as I progress to me.

I was more referring to the other guy, which appears to be taking a kid's toy a little too serious. If you really had a good plan set out, and would make a game you'd learn to utilize D3D9 or something along those lines and build your own engine fully tailored to your needs and demands, if you want to have some fun working on something you pick up something a little more simplistic, that doesn't require a fully thought out plan to work out, even if only for a little.

If people stopped fucking off to lick eachothers assholes they might actually get something done is what I'm saying.
@Her0â„¢:

> Which all comes back to what I say, let life take it's path, who cares?

True, I've said what I had to say now anyways so I'll leave it at that.

While you have a point there, it doesn't necessarily mean everyone has the same ideals. Most people that come in here are kids that are around 11-13, found the Internet and decided to make a game on it. Which I'm fine with, so long as they have a good time and learn from it, it's not how the world works out there, which is usually WHY their ideas fail. There's too many negative nancies around preaching doom and despair, instead of stepping up and kicking them in the right direction.

Game dev sucks, the world's terrible. And the people in it are worse, but that shouldn't mean we need to ruin the fun some people have in just trying.

I, myself, have attempted to create **MULTIPLE** games, and have failed. The "idea" of creating a game, is purely just that. The fun for me isn't creating the game, it's thinking about it and how great it could possibly be. I never really get down to the real stuff and thus my games are never made. But that doesn't mean I don't do ANYTHING.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I'm going to post it. I'm not new here really, I found eclipse back in the day and I didn't care too much for it, so i switched to Elysium, which i hated more. Then onto a private server emulator written in C++ that has no custom client, so suffers from critical limitations in the client and in the graphics libraries. Now, my question is this: Has anyone else noticed that when you kill an NPC with a spell, it does not show the spell animation. Was this done on purpose, or is it just a bug in the code, or is it only on my screen that the do not show. If i simply damage an NPC, the animation shows fine.

Finally I must say, very much improvement with the source code of Eclipse. Kudos to you Robin for working so hard to make this far superior to what it once was. Thanks.

@EntityJin:

> Now, my question is this: Has anyone else noticed that when you kill an NPC with a spell, it does not show the spell animation. Was this done on purpose, or is it just a bug in the code, or is it only on my screen that the do not show. If i simply damage an NPC, the animation shows fine.

Yeah, like Erwin said this was intended. You could add it, but it looks really bad if you do.

@Erwin:

> I guess thats not a bug, thats done on purpose because the NPC coordinats are getting reset when he dies, so that will duck up the animation.

@Soul:

> Yeah, like Erwin said this was intended. You could add it, but it looks really bad if you do.

Oh alright.. I suppose that makes sense, although with normal battle animations, the animation shows when the NPC dies. So.. Lol Strange.