Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mikekan13:

> I didnt say player housing… I said player build-able tiles. Different.

Wouldn't be hard to do yourself. Make a seperate map editor for players, use all of the functions of the normal map editor, but this new one will have limitations (Certain features removed).

For player houses, you could set a map moral, and add a map property. If the map is MAP_TYPE_PLAYERMAP (Baring in mind I haven't really looked through the EO source code so I'm going off old school code here), then check for a map property that contains the players name. If the player that's trying to open the player-map-editor has the same name as the variable assigned to the map property, let them open the map editor.

I'm sure there's a better way of doing this, but that's just one, very basic idea.

Animated tiles and panoramas are simple. There is no other way you can do them.

Player housing could be done in any number of ways. It's all down to the game creator to decide how he wants to handle them.

@Mikekan13:

> I already knew you wouldn't. No big deal. Ill do it myself, But Panoramas and animated tiles seem more "flowery" than player housing which is actually a gameplay function and not an aesthetic.

That is THE single most stupid thing I have ever read on this forum. Well, other than GFX PLX HALP GAYM PLX? yadda yadda.

Animations on a map help bring a nice visual nich'e to the game and make the world feel dynamic and 'alive' not boring flat and static.

As for autotiles it now means people have EVERY SINGLE RPG Maker chipset usable to have fun creating games without doing pointless work of trying to convert it all and getting frustrated, especially for newer hobbyists who may not have the experience of abilities to know how to convert them using smart techniques with PS etc.

@Marill:

> As for autotiles it now means people have EVERY SINGLE RPG Maker chipset usable to have fun creating games without doing pointless work of trying to convert it all and getting frustrated, especially for newer hobbyists who may not have the experience of abilities to know how to convert them using smart techniques with PS etc.

Hell, I've been converting them for years and I still find it horrible to do. xD

@Miguu:

> *Likes auto-tiles*
> I must learn how to program that. Sounds very interesting. I like your work, Robin.

The programming part is easy once you get into it. Only took me 45 minutes, and it ran fine the first compile. It's just brain hurting when thinking about how it works.

@Robin:

> Finished! 45 minutes well spent, I'd say.

Holycrap. You did figure it out. Niice.

Telll meee how you did ittt!

@shadowchris:

> There was a dude that done this before(besides from side scrolling)on Eclipse stable

[I TOTALLY didn't do that for my game…](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,49055.msg507685.html#msg507685)  ;)

@Tylian!:

> Oh god. xD

Yeah. Split off a function off the code which reads the surrounding tiles into a function. I need to find a way to cut down this code some more. Not in a rush though. I'm just happy to have it working. ;D