Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@EclipseStalker:

> I have a few questions,
> 1\. Why wont my goodies attack my baddies?
> 2\. How do I add more factions?
> 3\. Can you explain a lil further on making the animated items in the inventory/on ground?

**1.** No idea. I'll look into it.
**2.** Simply add more to the list box in the Npc editor.
**3.** Add more frames to the item bitmap image. Here's an example of an animated item.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/4-14.png)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@qwertybobo:

> 1 question. how do I get the npc vs npc working? what catorgrys do I have to select? I have made 2 npcs set 1 as goodies and 1 as baddies. I put them on a map together and nothing. thanks for all help ^^

Well they need to be attack on sight, obviously. ;P

Robin: I noticed another oddity… not really a bug or anything but I dont beleive it existed before. If i walk up to the edge of a map, then rap that direction, i will go to the next map, and walk one space... not just load into the next map on the first space. I am sure I could fix it, but thought other people might find it weird too.

Any other way is impractical.

Old Eclipse developers did it in their weird ways simply because they didn't understand DD7\. It's much easier to do it this way.

Look at how simple the rendering code is for the bank.

> If frmMainGame.picBank.Visible = True Then
>         frmMainGame.picBank.Cls
>                
>         For I = 1 To MAX_BANK
>             ItemNum = GetBankItemNum(I)
>             If ItemNum > 0 And ItemNum <= MAX_ITEMS Then
>            
>                 sprite = Item(ItemNum).Pic
>            
>                 With sRECT
>                     .Top = 0
>                     .Bottom = .Top + PIC_Y
>                     .Left = DDSD_Item(sprite).lWidth / 2
>                     .Right = .Left + PIC_X
>                 End With
>                
>                 With dRECT
>                     .Top = BankTop + ((BankOffsetY + 32) * ((I - 1) \ BankColumns))
>                     .Bottom = .Top + PIC_Y
>                     .Left = BankLeft + ((BankOffsetX + 32) * (((I - 1) Mod BankColumns)))
>                     .Right = .Left + PIC_X
>                 End With
>                
>                 If DDS_Item(sprite) Is Nothing Then
>                     Call InitDDSurf("Items\" & sprite, DDSD_Item(sprite), DDS_Item(sprite))
>                 End If
>                
>                 Engine_BltToDC DDS_Item(sprite), sRECT, dRECT, frmMainGame.picBank, False
>
>                 ' If item is a stack - draw the amount you have
>                 If GetBankItemValue(I) > 1 Then
>                     Y = dRECT.Top + 22
>                     X = dRECT.Left - 4
>                
>                     Amount = CStr(GetBankItemValue(I))
>                     ' Draw currency but with k, m, b etc. using a convertion function
>                     If CLng(Amount) < 1000000 Then
>                         colour = QBColor(White)
>                     ElseIf CLng(Amount) > 1000000 And CLng(Amount) < 10000000 Then
>                         colour = QBColor(Yellow)
>                     ElseIf CLng(Amount) > 10000000 Then
>                         colour = QBColor(BrightGreen)
>                     End If
>                     DrawText frmMainGame.picBank.hDC, X, Y, ConvertCurrency(Amount), colour
>                 End If
>             End If
>         Next
>    
>         frmMainGame.picBank.Refresh
>     End If

Tested it out a few mins ago. Works great, very simple to use and just feels 'right' and 'clean' if you can understand what I mean.

Everything about the source is fantastic. When some of the more difficult features are added in and things finished it will be THE source/engine to use for your game. I can't wait to see what people make using this.

I've already started working on a small hobby game with it already. For the first time in a long time I'm enjoying playing with it.

A shame not many people have made a game with it yet anyway, it's pretty much usable for a game minus advanced things like quests which will come sooner or later.

Anyway enough talking, good work Robin and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say thank you for your hard work and giving us such a great piece of software for FREE.

this is damned interesting.  i really REALLY like this engine, and i cant wait for you to take it to the LIMIIIIT.  i have one question though.  for the items and sprites, do you always have to use the neon green color as the background?  and the items use a mask type thing where the grey and green cancel eachother out right?

Thanks Aydan, I appreciate it. As long as people enjoy the thing I'll keep building on it. :]

Anyway, finished the bank. You can now deposit/withdraw currencies using the drop menu (Which is now renamed to the more generic 'Currency Handler') and you can drag & drop the items around switching their spots and the like.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/bank_fin2.png)

@meowton:

> this is damned interesting.  I really REALLY like this engine, and I cant wait for you to take it to the LIMIIIIT.  I have one question though.  for the items and sprites, do you always have to use the neon green color as the background?  and the items use a mask type thing where the grey and green cancel eachother out right?

The mask colour is whatever colour is set in the top left pixel. In the items you have two copies of the item. The one on the left is the masked item which appears on the map. The one on the right appears in your inventory & bank as it is, meaning you can have some sort of texture or block colour behind it which differs from the mask colour.

@meowton:

> this is damned interesting.  I really REALLY like this engine, and I cant wait for you to take it to the LIMIIIIT.  I have one question though.  for the items and sprites, do you always have to use the neon green color as the background?  and the items use a mask type thing where the grey and green cancel eachother out right?

The pixel in the top left corner of the item's sheet is the mask color.

@Ballie:

> @meowton:
>
> > this is damned interesting.  I really REALLY like this engine, and I cant wait for you to take it to the LIMIIIIT.  I have one question though.  for the items and sprites, do you always have to use the neon green color as the background?  and the items use a mask type thing where the grey and green cancel eachother out right?
>
> The pixel in the top left corner of the item's sheet is the mask color.

that is SICKMAZING.  very flexible.  is it the same for the items?
EDIT: meant to say sprites instead of items right here    ^^^^

@Sousuke:

> Hm, I have a stupid question, how to add scripts? Any realesed scripts have line
>
> > add it to main.txt
>
> , but I'can find it here. How it works in EO? o:

EO doesn't have a scripting engine.

@meowton:

> that is SICKMAZING.  very flexible.  is it the same for the items?
> EDIT: meant to say sprites instead of items right here    ^^^^

It's like this in all of the graphics.

Very nice engine Robin. You really have a gift for VB6 programming. :)

I noticed a little bug with multi-selection for the map editor if you didn't notice it. If you select from right to left or down to up it will not select right.

Keep up the good work!

That's not a bug, it's just how it's programmed.

It'd require 4-point locking on the shape and I really can't be bothered messing around with that just yet. xD

It's a very minor thing though, so it can wait.