Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Roll the Dice

death

Here's an awesome forum game!

And I won't need admin power to run it!

> The rules are simple:
> 1\. Post an action.
> 2\. I will roll one of my trusty six sided dice and tell you the outcome of your action.
>
> If, by some odd twist of fate, something is flying towards you, you get a free roll to dodge it. If you die, you lose the game. You win if everybody else is dead.
>
> Here is how the die rolls work out:
> 1- Epic failure. You actually take the exact opposite action.
> 2- Failure.
> 3- Marginal instant win.
> 4- instant win.
> 5- Perfect instant win.
> 6- Overshot.
>
> You can virtually do anything, but be careful since you have a 50% chance of screwing it up. If you post multiple actions at once, only the first action will be taken. This will disregard all other actions and intent. Twisted Evil
>
> Also, if you attempt to take an action without an intermediate action (example, you try to wear a shirt you are not carrying) the action auto-fails. You can't take the same action twice in a row, and only the first action you submit before I post the results of every bodies actions will be resolved.
>
> Example:
> ME: You wake up on an enormous bed. There are several other people here. Your mind is hazy, and you can't remember anything about the last few days. You are extremely thirsty. You notice a single glass on a table at the far end of the room. You are unable to discern it's contents.
> Player1: I crawl out of bed.
> Me: Roll[2]. You flop around a little, groping several other people on the bed.
> Player2: UGH! Get you hands off me! I kick Player1 in the face.
> Me: Roll[6]. You seem to levitate over the bed for a few seconds, then shoot straight up towards the ceiling. You execute a perfect flip, your toes just brushing the roof, and snap one leg forward in time to connect with Player1's face. The force of your kick makes the bed explode. People go flying all over the room. Roll to Dodge[5]. Everyone missed hitting the glass.
>
> See?
>
> Here's the starting post:
>
> You slowly regain consciousness, finding yourself leaning back in a glass tube. Through the haze of the thick plastic, you can see several other tubes, each containing a person. You are naked, sopping wet, and hungry. You shiver. On the floor, in the middle of the room, is a pile of discarded clothes, though you can't make out the cut, color, or style from where you are.

> Okay, I've got a few extra things to post, then I'll get on with resolving everyones actions. I am only going to resolve one action at a time, so don't post another one until I've resolved your first action.
>
> Needs: Part of the point of this game is to fulfill your characters needs. You want to be warm and dry, fed and hydrated. You are going to try to fulfill these while trying to stay alive. Don't be surprised if something happens that gives you a need you had already filled.
>
> Special Cases: On some occasions I may violate the rules I have posted above. Throwing a grenade, for example, I will rule as one action when it is really two (pull the pin, throw).
>
> Special States: Some special statuses (such as being exhausted or wired) may affect your rolls. I will tell you when your character feels this way, and also reveal the affect it is having on you at that point. You should be able to figure out for yourself how to remove these conditions. (If tired, take nap!)
>
> Death: Eventually, you are going to Epic Fail that roll to dodge a shotgun blast to the face. Or you'll overshoot a tackle and dive through a 50th story window. The point is, you are going to die. You can keep posting after you die, but cannot take any more actions. Keep an eye out though, death may not be the end for everyone…
>
> What the numbers really mean:
> 1- Epic Fail: Have you ever tried to do something and screwed it up so bad the the original situation is now 100 times worse. This is the Epic Fail. From setting off an alarm while trying to hack a computer to drowning in a glass of water you just tried to drink.
> 2- Failure: Whatever you just tried to do, you didn't.
> 3- Marginal instant win: You did what you tried to do. Sort of. You attempted to read the book, but spaced out for a bit and just flipped the pages.
> 4- instant win: You did what you were trying to do. This is to the letter of your post, so it may not give you an effective result.
> 5- Perfect instant win: This follows the intent of your post. Bullets warp around you and the universe goes out of its way to help you.
> 6- Overshot: Hulk Smash! Your punches send people through walls. Whatever you wanted to do happens, but in the most straight forward way possible and with excessive force. Alternatively, it will be the most off-the-wall, reality-shifting thing I can think of.

Enjoy!

Lets start.

You wake up in a crowded libary. You are all chained on your bed and are very thirsty. Luckly, next to each of you is a glass of water.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwen rolls 6 - You shatter the fabric of reality and force your hand through an invisable wormhole, pulling out a laser screwdriver. Able to cut through the chains.

ICT rolls a 2 - lulwut?

Monkey rolls a 6 - Monkey bites right through each of the bars with ease. Enjoying a full stomach and being free. You also need a drink still though.

Yea of course you can. I'll try to update daily, so since there was no reply from Gwen.

Marsh rolls a 4 - Marsh starts to pull the chain, loosening it till the wall cannot take anymore. Part of the wall comes out and flies towards ICT's bed.

Roll to Dodge - 4 ICT just misses it, but he did gain a scratch on his arm from falling off the bed and having it tip onto its side.

ICT rolls a 1 - You couldn't reach the hacksaw, but in trying to do so, you cause the bed to fall ontop of you. Leaving you every uncomfortable and unable to move within reason.

Evil rolls a 6 - The person who chained up Evil had forgotten to lock them! As his hands reach his eyes he starts to stand up.

I appear to be stuck in the wall, along with my bed and chains.
*Attempts to smash the outer wall down with feet*
[OOC]I totally forgot about the beds… If I'm not allowed to be in the wall (D:), then:[/OOC]
As I wake up, I disregard the chains completely, and attempt to jump out of the bed.

@Gwen:

> Yorty we are not in the tubes. You are chained to a bed in a library. I'm going to assume wolf had his way with you before you woke up

I know, I forgot about it. Though if its not okay for me to be in the wall I can scratch that all. I just _really, really_ want to be in the wall. And thanks for the compliment? ;D