Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planned new game

shadowchris

Hey I been planning a game for a while now. Tell me how this sound.

Legacy of Scare Scrow- The lost treasures

Storyline:100 and 50 years ago, there was a man named scare scrow. He once was a farmer who had 3 kids and lived a happy life.Then there was a horrible earth quake that
struck his home land and killes his wife and his kids.3 years has past after the earthquake and the architectures were almost finished building up Mushroom kingdom.
Scare Crow was bored of mushroom kingdom. His Uncle just sent him a letter from his journey's from his voyage searching for treasures. He wrote a interesting story
about his adventures,in fact it was so interesting it inspired Scare crow to go on his own voyage. He assembled a crew and planned out alot of stuff for his voyage.All
he needed was money.So he went to queen Ella and King Marshal for support.They agreed to fund his voyage and they gave him food,money,clothes and everything he needed.
They also made an agreement if Scare Crow found treasure,he has to give the King and queen some of his treasures or what he found.After 3 years of voyage,Scare Crow has
found many treasures .In fact , they also fought enemies along the way.Then there came a great storm that hit the ships thus blowing away their ship and killing his crew
including Scare Crow.50 years has past since Scare crow has died. New generations arose as the mushroom kingdom grew. Soon there would be a man who will step up to the
plate to find the treasures

Features:
Party system(for this game ,so needed)
Teams(duh)
Voyage-you need to pay 50 coins for a ship
War-koopers may cause problems
Free roaming-this is a MMORPG where you can do anything
over 500 maps -150 will be done when beta testing is out
Boat Race - race with your friends( 4-6 friends needed)
Daily event
Events(Lolz)
More to come

Classes-to start a voyage,you will need to have a few people in your team(crew if you want to use them to start a voyage )to start one that qualifies in those classes
Archery-needed for voyage
Warrior-needed for voayge
Farming
Cooking-needed for voyage
Architecture-for building .You can build houses in a free lot
Hunter-hunt for food.Hunger is in this game so you need to eat so if you die ,you die and lose a level
Arts and Craft
More to come
Voyager is not in this class list because you can start a voyage with any class.

To clear things up:
You can basically do wat ever you want. Farm, talk with friends, visit alot of cities/towns.(did I mention visit other countries?).Also you can train,Of course,
there will be quests, monsters,bosses(in order to get to places,you can do these with friends in your party).So you can never get bored.

Features in:
Alpha(Staff will debate on this whether or not there will be a Aplha release or just skip to beta):
20 maps
Party system(6 players only)
4 quests

Beta:
50 Maps
Teams
Party System
New GUI
Re done Talking system
7 playable Events
20 Quests(differs according to your level)
5 Bosses
Voyaging

Official Release
Party system
Teams(duh)
Traveling-you need to pay 50 coins for a shit
War-koopers may cause problems
Free roaming-this is a MMORPG where you can do anything
Voyaging- There is a 50% you might find Scare Crow's treasure out there
over 500 maps -150 will be done when beta testing is out
Boat Race - race with your friends( 4-6 friends needed)
Daily event
Events
900 MAPS(Even More)
Boating(able to buy a boat)
More to come
Right now im ganna re build my Shadow Studios staff members(yes im firing them all lazy bastards :P)
If you want to help
6-10 mappers
2-8 graphics designers
3-7 scripters
2-8 media designers
1-5 Project managers
1-6 programmers and scripters
PM me if you want to help

@XxshadowAssasinXx:

> Eh let me re word that a bit…..

Doesn't matter how you word it, this is already failing. Not only are you putting absolutely nothing into the game yourself, you're asking for a stupidly large team which would simply cause more problems than a single person working on it.

You've planned for something which simply won't happen.

It's painfully obvious that you have no idea what you need nor how to achieve it.

One of the most generic storylines I've ever seen, and you didn't even come up with original names!

Scare Crow - really? what kind of name is that?
Mushroom Kingdom - Definitely not already copyrighted…

And yeah as far as "your" team goes, there's no reason you would need that many people unless you were making a legit MMORPG that was being made in a development studio by professionals and you intended to have it commercially published.

Not only do you have people doing everything to make the actual game, you even are looking for 5 project managers! LOL! What are you gonna do? Just put your name on the final project and criticize everything throughout?

Nah, scrap this. Start Over.

agreed with Robin, your asking for a huge team. ur project isnt making money and ur not paying the staff so dont expect anymore than 5 ppl in ur team. 1 script, 1 spriter, etc… then again ur gonna have to show screenshots and such to have ppl wanna go in. if ur project has 0 progress no one will join, trust me.

ur plan is also very big, i suggest starting with 50 some maps and work ur way up rather than go for 900 right off the bat.

lastly, i wouldnt join someones project who has been warned lol. most ppl who are warned are newbs who cant even read forum rules and are expecting to make a huge popular mmo lol...