Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this possible ? dx8 code.

xXaden

ok what is going on in the code below it is laying an  effect of the entire game screen.

> Call DrawBox(0, 0, 800, 640, 160, 0, 0, 20)

is there a way to have an empty circle in this draw box where its not rendering the box ?

forgive me if i posted this in the wrong section ! x.X

~~Post the DrawBox procedure~~. 

Misread it.

Are you trying to directly render it onto the screen or are you using a texture? Using a texture might be possible. Just define a circle within a square and have the extra bits transparent,

right now right to the screen, i could load from a texture, trying to get a simple lighting effect for a torch, any examples or suggestions would be cool, i would be willing to change the method if there is a better approach :P

> ,…,<>" data-cid="922618" data-time="1399743030">
>
> I think it would be best to use an image with that effect because then it could have smooth alpha making it look better.

Not only what he said but I don't think DX8 allows you to render normal stuff on top of textures. It just won't show. Don't ask me why. It never worked for me. 

As for the lighting just create an almost solid black/solid black texture and just render it with an alpha level proportional to the distance from the light source. 

There is a tutorial around here somewhere by Deathbeam.

• 2 weeks later...