Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Novum

Harris6310

**Novum**

Hello. I'm Harris. I have been a member of Eclipse for a long time. I have never been very popular and I have never really produced anything of any quality, but some of you may remember me. I am working on a small project to develop a new engine. I like the idea of Eclipse, a retro ORPG experience. Though, in my opinion, the current engines are too over-featured and messy.

Therefore I am going to develop something very simple and very efficient. I will base my engine on Mirage Source 4\. Similar to what Robin did with Eclipse Origins. Though my main focus will be efficiency and optimisation. Then I will implement some advanced features that work on the fundamentals and not to much on the gameplay. Such as DirectX 8 graphics and database support. The goal of this project is to produce something that I can be proud of, not necasarily something people will use. I will release the source code so you can use it if you want. I will also update this topic with information on the development.

The name 'Novum' seems to fit well.

> What's the different between this Engine with Eclipse Origins?

Eclipse Origins is way more over-featured than what I want Novum to be. Novum will be more of a base engine which should be more customisable.

> So this will be in VB6?

Of course. ;-)