Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RTE9 with spell icons (EO3)

Jed

My game RTEs on loading interface when there's over 15 spell icons in the folder. It runs fine without a problem in VB6 but for some reason it errors out in the compiled EXE. I have no clue what the issue is and I can't recreate the problem when debugging because it doesn't happen when running from the source code.

When I've recreated the problem in the compiled exe (because it never throws the error when debugging), it only ever gives me an RTE9 when I have too many spell icons. It only ever seems to happen when there's over a certain amount of spell icons, which is 15 in my case. What I did was put something like 50 icons in the spell icons folder, ran the exe and the RTE9 happens. I renamed the 16th icon in the folder so it wouldn't load past 15 and then the error doesn't happen. It's weird because I can't find out the problem due to not being able to recreate it while debugging to see where it would point the source of the error so I'm really just defeated at this point.

Oh right, I saw that at some point and edited it out of my original post, silly me.

Anyhow, how many images are you putting in your folder exactly? (Or rather, does it still do this if you go up by increments of 5 images, and if so when?)

I might have missed this but set your options.debug = 1

i.e go to config.ini or whatever the options file is called for the client find the debug line and change it to 1\. Save and re-run.

A log should be created during error which may help us figure out if it actually is a problem with spell icons.

The problem seems to be occurring in the LoadTexture procedure in modGraphics.

The following error occured at 'LoadTexture' in 'modGraphics'.
Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range.

This was the error created in the log file. The game seems to load just fine if I set debug mode to true, but I don't want to have it in debug mode the entire time. If there's no other solution, then I'll just have to stick with it.