Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever Ember topic removal.

kibbelz

Greetings to all Eclipsians,

As many of you know, there has been a lot of arguing and flaming over the ownership of the project: Ever Ember Online. As staff of eclipse, we cannot easily pass judgement on 'who is wrong' as for all we know, those involved could all be making lies about the real truth. In order to counter this, we've discussed the best possible solution for this and we've agreed to remove the topic(s) all together. All users involved have been sent a warning about this before hand. For clarification, we are not shutting down either Ever Ember Online. The owner(s) can remake their topics separately both under different names and neither game can use the name - Ever Ember Online. Any topics where the name has not been changed or has any bashing of the other team will be removed immediately. Any more fighting via shout box or posts will no longer be tolerated. Any further discussion, flaming, instigating, fighting, trolling, or spamming of this issue will result in a permanent ban.

As for the staff, we're sorry for how slow it took us to act. Unfortunately we needed to do a little more background research before we took action at all. We hope to be faster and more efficient in the future to prevent problems such as this growing to such a large scale.

-The Eclipse Admin Team

*Edit*

The two teams have agreed to allow Kajamaz's team to use the name - Ever Ember. Punishment will not be applied for the use of the name.

Good question, we'll look into this further, but if this continues we certainly will ban the culprit in question. But as said before me, we can't physically stop the person in question, we can only block them from the forums. I suggest making a new email.

As a reminder, before this topic bursts into flames, any problems and arguing will results in a permanent ban, beware.

To members on both of the development teams; If you have any inquiries about any of the actions taken against you or about ongoing issues related to the issue, please contact an Admin privately.

> Good question, we'll look into this further, but if this continues we certainly will ban the culprit in question.

Just got a new slew of em today. Unfortunately, only one so far has given me the IP of whoever signed me up. If you need evidence, pm me. This IP has also created several accounts on our game and was the leading culprit of the initial attempt of sabotage.

Ok, let Kajamaz and his team use EverEmber Online, it was and is their name and game, we are changing the name and game to avoid further conflicts. I have spoken to Kajamaz and he wants all this to be over just as much as the rest of Sky's team (I cannot speak for Sky if he wants all this done with).

So, let them post here with the name, we'll leave them alone and actually have our own game and have friendly competition rather than pissing them off for a competition.

P.S. I wasn't warned, I just got banned for a day, a warning would have been nicer. ;)

> Greetings to all Eclipsians,
>
>  
>
> As many of you know, there has been a lot of arguing and flaming over the ownership of the project: Ever Ember Online. As staff of eclipse, we cannot easily pass judgement on 'who is wrong' as for all we know, those involved could all be making lies about the real truth. In order to counter this, we've discussed the best possible solution for this and we've agreed to remove the topic(s) all together. All users involved have been sent a warning about this before hand. For clarification, we are not shutting down either Ever Ember Online. The owner(s) can remake their topics separately both under different names and neither game can use the name - Ever Ember Online. Any topics where the name has not been changed or has any bashing of the other team will be removed immediately. Any more fighting via shout box or posts will no longer be tolerated. Any further discussion, flaming, instigating, fighting, trolling, or spamming of this issue will result in a permanent ban.
>
>  
>
> As for the staff, we're sorry for how slow it took us to act. Unfortunately we needed to do a little more background research before we took action at all. We hope to be faster and more efficient in the future to prevent problems such as this growing to such a large scale.
>
>  
>
> -The Eclipse Admin Team

This is a terrible compromise. Never seen worse in my life.

So basically you are saying that I, the owner of EverEmber Online have to rename OUR game because Sky's team copied our game…

[http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/1009/EverEmber-Online.html](http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/1009/EverEmber-Online.html)

[http://mmohuts.com/mmorpg/everember-online](http://mmohuts.com/mmorpg/everember-online)

We have official publications under the name, as well as logos and paid work, we aren't changing our name anytime soon.

This is the only time i'd agree with sky, I spoke with Mohenjo and its not his fault, or sebs, its primarily other members of their team that would come onto our game and flame it.

We would like our subtopic back. This doesn't make sense…

> This is a terrible compromise. Never seen worse in my life.
>
> So basically you are saying that I, the owner of EverEmber Online have to rename OUR game because Sky's team copied our game…
>
>  
>
> [http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/1009/EverEmber-Online.html](http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/1009/EverEmber-Online.html)
>
> [http://mmohuts.com/mmorpg/everember-online](http://mmohuts.com/mmorpg/everember-online)
>
>  
>
> We have official publications under the name, as well as logos and paid work, we aren't changing our name anytime soon.
>
>  
>
> This is the only time i'd agree with sky, I spoke with Mohenjo and its not his fault, or sebs, its primarily other members of their team that would come onto our game and flame it.
>
>  
>
> We would like our subtopic back. This doesn't make sense…

Everyone on both teams agree with this, give them their name back.

> ,…,<>" data-cid="923369" data-time="1401148362">
>
> don't want to seem much of a grammar nazi, but it's EverEmber (without the space really  :o)

After all of this, staying up all night to solve something you two teams should have solved on your own. Do you really think I give a sh*t?

Also any old topics will have to be re-created by the original users, no the admin team will not be re-adding them.

> After all of this, staying up all night to solve something you two teams should have solved on your own. Do you really think I give a *?
>
>  
>
> Also any old topics will have to be re-created by the original users, no the admin team will not be re-adding them.

We did solve this, this morning, sorry to inconvenience you.

And Slash, sorry, I'm multitasking to an extreme, I know there isn't a space, and it's fine.

He (General Pony) is most likely responding to the ridiculousness of this situation . I can't believe both teams are being so petty and unprofessional.  Obviously both teams are bad enough as it is without an Eclipse Admin having to create a thread that could of quite easily have been in a PM. Just saying if you want anyone to take your project seriously drop the childish attitude. Mainly talking to Kamajaz here.

- Jumpahead

This in a way ishard to do but I agree, it is their game, they came up with the name and etc, That's their idea and they should be able to keep it, hope it works out for them, as I hope our team with eternal blaze online will work out aswell, Maybe one day things can come down to good terms and both parties could work together on helping both games out, that's just something to throw out there, but Ill keep it respectful and polite, hope all goes well from here on out, *The Mastah Of Mapping* Woodside

> This in a way ishard to do but I agree, it is their game, they came up with the name and etc, That's their idea and they should be able to keep it, hope it works out for them, as I hope our team with eternal blaze online will work out aswell, Maybe one day things can come down to good terms and both parties could work together on helping both games out, that's just something to throw out there, but Ill keep it respectful and polite, hope all goes well from here on out, *The Mastah Of Mapping* Woodside

Well, i'm fine with it being this way, it should have been this way from the start.

I'm just surprised that you are kissing the admins * after the EE topic went down.

It took all this for you to finally admit that you literally stole our games name, our games maps, etc…

Just a day ago you said "No one is gonna stop us, we can steal and use EE, try me."

Now you got what you wanted, EE is forum section is down. Congratulations.