Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Runescape thread

demon xxx x

Robin, dear heart, you make me chuckle quietly to myself in my chair. @Robin:

> I don't sell it. I have a real job. I do like to know how much my shit is worth, though. [http://www.playerauctions.com/rs-gold/?serverid=1889&quantity=100](http://www.playerauctions.com/rs-gold/?serverid=1889&quantity=100)
>
> Sounds like the people you're selling to need to learn how to shop around.
>
> I'm sorry, but trying to act hard whilst talking about Runescape really doesn't work.
>
> I'm European. I'm well aware of what the currency is worth, thank you.

As Robin once said to me, why compete with the Chinese?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> I don't sell it. I have a real job. I do like to know how much my shit is worth, though. [http://www.playerauctions.com/rs-gold/?serverid=1889&quantity=100](http://www.playerauctions.com/rs-gold/?serverid=1889&quantity=100)

It's not a real job for me, my real job contains some other shit. I just make max 150Euro a month with this.
I know people who make thousands of euros every month with World of the Warcraft, that's a real job made of this.

@boynaar:

> It's not a real job for me, my real job contains some other shit. I just make max 150Euro a month with this.
> I know people who make thousands of euros every month with World of the Warcraft, that's a real job made of this.

Yes. It's very possible to make a living with this. It's a 1.4 **billion** dollar industry.

But I was pointing out that 100m is nothing now-a-days. People stake more than 5x that on a whim. To make a decent amount of coin you'll need to be churning out 1billion in stakes on a regular basis.

The market is nothing like it was 5 years ago. Inflation is screwing everything up.

Inflation has been screwed everything up since way before the GE was implemented. The economy was fairly solid until early this year when free trade was brought back. The mass amounts of phishing and staking made people over-night billionaires. You simply can't do anything with that kind of money, so they sell it in bulk to the Chinese who re-sell it on auction sites.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's true.. It is dying. Since the bot nuke there are so many less items on the grand exchange - most people have lost any willpower to grind out items and such, so prices for most ores/logs etc have skyrocketed.
Not to mention that since the nuke the game has become far more laggy for no reason at all, which is quite annoying.

@Jna:

> Only reason it went from 200k to 50k is because that 150k was bots. They seem to be trying to fix it but I don't see it going very far. I still play it tho :P

The reason the game was fun was because you didn't have to grind resources all day. Bots gave us the huge amount of raw tradeskill items which we needed to level up.

Without them the game is far too annoying.

its true i being a average p2p player at lvl 131 p2p can honestly say its lost its touch.
i used to enjoy playing in a lag free bot filled world with no grind cuss things were so cheap and i loved it. but since the bot update my fps went all the way down to 15 from 45 fps and since the graphics update it stays around 7fps. almost unplayable i cant go pk anymore and i cant hardly play cuss it lags so bad. its sad but im about to give it up after almost 5 years of playing on this account and ive played since classic was first released as rs.

im not gana post stats haha there not to high but if you want to know my account name is

{google code}

or {olife1}

if i decided to change it