Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Photoshop Game Art

Murdoc

^ I agree 100%

Also, an Artist can use whatever he wants in order to get the job done.

Obviously you don't have the necessary discipline and knowledge to understand art, that said, you're in no position to talk about someone else way to create art.

You have no clue what that girl used in order to make those drawings, yet you bark like a mad dog about someone you don't even know.

I got more experience in digital art than you have years on this Earth.

Please excuse my "modesty".

To create art and do complex stuff you don't need a Tablet, even though you can use one if you want.

A tablet doesn't always mean Faster and better.

You will need a very good tablet, and those are very expensive, but if you're buying a cheap tablet because all wannabe artists do it then you will keep it as a toy on your desk without being used.

I do 90% of my art with a mouse, the rest of 10% represents art made using a tablet.

3D models - Mouse

2D art - Mouse ~ Tablet.

Pixel Art - Mouse

Mouse is good for everything.

It's like learning to write correctly and nicely but fast in the same time.

Takes some practice.

And I'm sure every good artist will laugh at what you said and your theories, in fact they just did, my boss and work mates had a good laugh, but in the same time they feel like it's hopeless to try to get you under the sun.

Like I said, a **Tablet is a prefference not a must.**

**We can argue all day, but is a matter of prefference, your prefference and ways of doing anything in life doesn't matter, we don't care what you think, or what is your prefference when it comes to draw something.**

**Your way doesn't have to be Universal, if you have seen someone doing his job with a tablet, it doesn't matter, it's a prefference, doesn't mean it's better.**

**Art is Art, there are no "that's better than that", there are more ways to express it**

**Like in Martial Arts, there is no "Best Martial Art", there are prefferences, the one you feel more comfortable with, and the best results are from experience and years of practice/training.**

Yes. You can draw with a mouse, and your hand might be as used to it as it is used to jerking off anyone who will tell you it's great, caress your hair and praise you. But then there's reality, where nobody would even take the time to talk about your work, because most people who have the audacity to say they are artists were better than you when they were ten.

Lumiere, you say you're into graphics since 1998, it's 16 years… that means you're at least 20 or that you're lying. Considering that, your work is mediocre at best and with your attitude and your belief that it's actually good, you're not going anywhere in that department. If you were to post your incredible mouse drawings anywhere where actuall artists talkk about their work your best hope would be to be mistaken for a child. You choose to post it here, because in the country of the blind one eyed man is king. And you're the most trained martial artist of them all, but outside of your small mountain village mankind already invented assault rifles, tanks and bombs, and nobody is really interested in playing by your rules. Overall? Pretty pathetic.

I came back to see if anything changed, and it did not, this board is still mainly filled with comments such as "great job", "you're doing great", "awesome xD" and the exact ammount of incredibly poor content. You still react with agression and denial on first sight of actuall, valuable critique, you still drop the immortal "art is subjective" argument in deffence of, valueless scribbles. Never listening, never improving, always brushing off input as rude.

Never change guys. Stay the way you are. You are perfect.

sincerely

Kusy

Joined on Apr 28 2006 02:06 PM
Veteran · 3079 posts

k bai thx for the ban
#drama #yolo #ihadyourmomlastnight #boardofshame #nikowasajuggalo #marshwasadealer

Sigh, why would I ever be proud of my skills when I feel there is more that I can learn.

I'm 29 years old, in November I will be 30, even after that much time, I still feel like learning and practicing with everything available, Mouse, Tablet, hands, feet, whatever.

It's not like I'm doing it for someone, I'm doing it for me.

Those who post their awesome work, portofolio, means they are free for hire most of the time, else I don't see any reason for such a show off.

**I'm posting here some quick work of mine, that doesn't mean it's my best, or my limit, I just simply don't have enough time to post something for a Show Off, because it's useless for me since I don't need a job from anyone.**

I've got a decent job, I'm not rich, I will never try to be someone important, because I already am for those who cares about me.

> I came back to see if anything changed, and it did not, this board is still mainly filled with comments such as "great job", "you're doing great", "awesome xD" and the exact ammount of incredibly poor content. You still react with agression and denial on first sight of actuall, valuable critique, you still drop the immortal "art is subjective" argument in deffence of, valueless scribbles. Never listening, never improving, always brushing off input as rude.
>
> Never change guys. Stay the way you are. You are perfect.

**You're the one reacting with agression and denial**, **you never posted any valuable critique, instead you enouraged people to spend money on a tablet.**

**The tool is not important, the Artist is.**

People new to something [art, coding, etc.], **needs to be encouraged by nice words and Positive Critique**, else they might give up or get the wrong idea.

**The solution to teach someone isn't to Force him to follow a fixed path, the solution is to teach him that there are more paths, and he will choose the one right for him.**

Heh, I had a feeling Impostor was Kusy. >.>

> Never listening, never improving, always brushing off input as rude.
>
> Never change guys. Stay the way you are. You are perfect.

This is not my attitude, and as far as I can tell it's not the attitude of most here. If I showcased my first attempts at any sort of digital art (started pixel art around 2004) it would be plain to see I've at least learned a few things. Are these the best examples of any sort of improvement? No, but in my defense (yawn) I didn't put an enormous amount of time or effort into these photoshop experiments. If I knew you were gonna show up to the party, I might have worn a tux and spent an hour on making perfect lines. (little joke)

The only advice that I can really take from you (because it's the only constructive thing you said), is to practice shading using different levels of opacity. Something I will no doubt experiment with as I have other methods, and also a technique I'm aware of.

While I'm on the subject I might as well ask: Has it ever occured to you that people tend to ignore your critique because your approach is dictatorial, and more rigid than any artist I've ever met? You sound more like an art critique than an actual artist. I know you're a good artist (I've seen your work), but it's like your sleeping with the enemy and wonder why we're resisting your approach. Call me crazy but it seems like you come back to Eclipse just to make a point that we're losers and you're awesome. You're either extremely cynical or just butthurt with eclipse and our "bad" productions.

I recall you saying about two years ago that pixel art is a dead artform. Meanwhile, Terraria remains one of the highest selling games in the Google store.

Anyway, I'm not sure why this thread has turned into Artageddon but I have bigger fish to fry like learning how to art. Hue hue.

Thanks for caring,

Murdoc

This topic has been cleaned up by yours truly, Incredibly off topic. It was clear to me that the account called "imposter" was obviously created in order to attack this thread and thus has been banned from the forums. I personally think the art needs a little work but if anyone can improve quickly, Murdoc can.

-Kibbelz