Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New sprites

NoOne

Well I have only been making graphics for about 3-4 months now and this is my 1st fully-custom sprite for my game. It is still in a very rough draft as of right now but I am still working on it to make it look a lot less messy/chaotic. Also sorry for the black background, Trying a new animation program and it didn't like the black transparency on the sprites boots lol. I am still in the process of making the female sprite for this class and I may share it on a later date. Sorry once more you will have to click the pic to get the Gif to run ahhhh sorry will try and fix, I am bad with forums…

I don't think GIF supports transparency so that's why it looks bad, otherwise it would look pretty good.

Anyhow, it's his style, if he has that noise effect on hair and such, doesn't matter.

As for shading, it's pretty fine.

Just have a Color Palette.

You used random saturated colors wich is bad.

For example, that Tattoo green color is too High Saturated, and looks bad, doesn't fit with other colors wich are much lower.

Well I want to start off with thanks for the feedback I get no feed back other than on here : (. But 1st Mr. Faux it is messy but I hope that's because I need to edit him some more, if you thought that was messy look at the mock up of the female sprite lmao.

Mad hatter the Gif may be the problem, but I know the frames being out of line is cuase I use an animation program I have to impute each frame by hand. If anyone has a more appropriate program to animate my sprites I'd love to use it. I do have a color pallet but I get lazy and don't open up enough. I know I know lazy "artist"…

And now Maddy I agree with you and Hatter on the hair. but the green part was supposed to look like a tattoo but Hatter may be right it may be to bright. Its either a big freaking snake or a dragon tattoo, not enough sprites with tattoos now days. but as for the shading it's my next goal after I finish the female so I can focus on both the shading parts together...I hope...

I also want to say I am going to try and post some updates to these sprites and other as they are worked on but as I stated earlier      I am lazy...

Mr. Faux he dose kind of look like Wolverine, so I threw this together real fast lol.

Hatter this ones in Gif also because I didn't want to convert a joke image but thank you for pointing out my mistake in format.

And for you Static Mesh thank you I had forgotten to apply muli frames per move this ones is better but I will take advices into my further projects I post.

Again I will try and keep these sprites updated so I can continue to ask for more advice/feed back…

• 3 weeks later...
I have done a little work on a few of my sprites and thanks to your feed back here is a revised version of the one I am showing off. I added a new preview in the original post to compare the little difference also I am showing of a little work I've done on a zombie I am working on…

• 3 weeks later...
I've been pretty lazy in working on graphics for my game. I spent the last 2 days working up some mock-ups of a few enemy sprites. These 2 are the farthest along a lot of work needs to be done as you can see. One is a mutated rat and the other is supposed to be a swat team member. I hope to get back to work on a few other past sprites I started on for this project and have some more updates…

Thanks you very much Henrik for saying that. The mouse tail thing, I am still working on all of my sprites and the rats tail is set to a diferent position in most frames to help me see in my animator where I need to do the tuch ups on the frames. I do like, I know people think it needs to move less. I was more afraid someone would mention the front legs only move in the front animation or the back legs never moved lol…

> I've been pretty lazy in working on graphics for my game. I spent the last 2 days working up some mock-ups of a few enemy sprites. These 2 are the farthest along a lot of work needs to be done as you can see. One is a mutated rat and the other is supposed to be a swat team member. I hope to get back to work on a few other past sprites I started on for this project and have some more updates…

As was said before, the tail moves too much. Also, you shouldn't use black black in spriting (talking about the soldier here; and the helm is not shaded)

Mr. Faux as I stated these are not done, so all parts pretty much need shading I say the vest sticks out without it to much. Also the tail is my timing device so it will be gone soon, I was just happy my 1st non-human sprite looks like a rat like it's supposed to. Instead of a raccoon or something like that lol. The black on black violence I-I-I mean this black on black color scheme's got to stop yes that's it. But seriously I do need to lower the black or maybe switch the gray on the vest with the black on the clothes I'd really like to keep him dark is all but not sure. As always thanks for the feed back…

• 4 months later...
Well I haven't worked on my games sprites for awhile and since I can't post in shoutbox I'll update this thread  :unsure:. Ok I have been trying out a few new types of sprites  in hopes of finding a style that better fits my tilesets I am currently making as well. said tilesets are the reason I have not had much that I am willing to show (poor quality). I started to make this one off a suggestion  my GF gave me and just would like  a few peoples opinions before I waste more time finishing it for her. Also I'd like to say thanks for all the constructive feedback I've already gotten in this thread it has been a big boon to my creative growth over my pixelating learning experience…