Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skill System

maxmax

My goal is to have it so that the player has a little menu of skills they have learned.
They have one selected. When they attack they will use the current skill.

My guess is either a custom menu or the spell book will be best implimented for this. With what I am not quite that far yet though.

For scripting I was thinking in the onattack sub, I check what skill they have selected. The skill name is also an INI that has variables that will be my peramiters. for now lets say that it just contains a value which represents a change to make in the targets HP.

I assume I point to a new sub now.
The new sub carries the peramiters through and checks/performs the skill.

I thought getting back into scripting would be super easy but I was wrong. If anyone would be willing to help me with this I would be so happy. So far all I am trying to fo is have onattack call a sub that makes a playermsg and I cant get it to work LOL.

PM or AIM fsshadowwulf would be prefered but anything is accepted

You should learn scripting since probably nobody will make this for you. I could help you with my little skill-system which is from me to scripters who can make something with it. The custom-menus etc. is what you'd have to make yourself. That's what I can offer ( i would help you via pm's if you have any scripting-related problems btw )
good luck,

-seal