Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Image Converters/Splitters

Helladen

**Eclipse Origins Image Splitter:**

This is my edit of Robin's Image Splitter. What I did is allow a more in-depth split of images. You can now cut them by the X and Y. I changed it to Rows and Columns to make it easier on users, and you multiply the number you enter by 32 to equal what the value of the cut is. This means that if you make something 2 by 1, it will be 64x32 ratio. Images now load when you click on the file name and the properties are updated before the image is split to allow a more precise split. There's many other optimizations I did to it, but if you want me to add more just post something here. I just started doing VB6 a few days ago, so my progress is fairly good.

You need to make a 2nd copy of your items manually for this to work right. This is my tip, and I may later on add an option for it to draw the same image twice.

To do this you make a extra copy of your sheet, one of them will be black, and the second one will be RGB 181 or the same color as your GUI background. There's a Image Sample in the zip file to help new people use the tool. The tool will only cut the width you tell it to, the rest of the width is discarded. You will need to make the sheet the way the tool cuts for it to get all of the icons. Hopefully this all makes sense. It's very easy to do if you got a sheet already made.

_The download is located below in an attachment._

**Authors:** Robin and Helladen

**Version:** 1.0.3

**Open Source:** Yes

**Language:** VB6/Visual Basic 6

**Rpg Maker VX Converter to Eclipse Stable:**

This converter only works with the old set-up of Eclipse, this will not make compatible sprites for Eclipse Origins.

The only problem I have found with this converter is because the people who setup the sprites for these engines did it all jacked up. They have it all the same then the right direction is a different setup, so you have to fix 1 direction if you want to stand still when you are not moving. Robin fixed this in EO which I was impressed to see, along with 3 frame movement.

**Author:** Vaughand Hilts

**Language:** C#/C Sharp. (2008)

**Open Source:** No

**Version:** 1.0.2

**Requirements:** Framework 2.0

**Do I have the source:** I used to, but not anymore.

**What working formats does this use:** I know PNG works and it will automatically make the background black. I'm sure BMP works, but haven't tested it.
**File Size:** 96x128, Rpg Maker VX's default sizing for 1 character.

**Will this do more than one sprite sheet at a time:** Yes you put all of them in a folder, names do not matter, and it will combine them all together. It automatically has a check sum, so it will warn you if a file is not correctly sized.

**AIO Image Splitter:**

**What does AIO mean:** It means it is an all in one splitter, it will be able to cut most things up the way you want. Saving you hours of work!
**Where can I get help on using this program:** There's a help page when you load it up. Just click on it and read the instructions.

**Author:** Aero/Elliott Brown

**Language:** C#/C Sharp. (2010)

**Version:** 1.5.0

**Requirements:** Framework 2.0

**Tile/Image Joiner:**

I will not explain how to use this tool, but it will take separate files and put them together into a sheet. It works like Robin's splitter, but it will combine the image rather than split it.

**Language:** VB6/Visual Basic 6

**Version:** 1.1.0

**Author:** DarkLight Games

Enjoy! Make sure to credit the author if you use any of these. Any other questions just post it here.

Updated topic with my edit of the EO Image Splitter, and I will keep all my edits of graphic tools in here.

- 1.0.3 Released!

1.0.2 –> 1.0.3 (Edit by Helladen)
- Fixed the sprites formula. It now is 100% accurate. (Used Robin's one, mine was messed up.)
- Added where it updates properties if you change them automatically.
- Added a little support for other types of cutting rather than for items.
- Fixed several bugs and added more help messages.
- Added where if you do something wrong it will reset your values.

I also added more text to the read me file to help new people who use this tool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
> here is an [image splitting tutorial](http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-net-imaging/tiff-split/) i can show you. it has introduced how to split a tiff image. more image formats are supported.

Hi, Carilinenew.

Here are the
[image converting tutorials](http://www.yiigo.com/guides/vbnet/how-to-convert.shtml) I found by google. I hope it helps as well. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

• 1 year later...
most likely not the last post to this was almost 2 years ago and they are looking for the download link.

Just do it by hand yes it takes time but waiting for a program to do it will take time also. Might as well just do it.