Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom Pixel Forest

Ancient

![](http://i41.tinypic.com/156fkw5.jpg)
This is something I was working on. I'm new here by the way so hello!
I have a giant custom tileset and itemset if anyone is interested in anything else.

This was an old xtremeworlds project. I am looking for a new engine to restart the whole game.

All Pictures on this post property of Henrik Studios.

Looks very nice, adds alot of depth to the map. Though in the first screenshot the overtop trees on the bottom work really well. Though it is kind of wierd to see those on the top aswell.

Good luck with the new engine hope it works out for ya.

No.

Also, there is no parallax here because there is only one visual point of reference. Perhaps they are just static backgrounds and the maps are 1 screen size? I'm just arguing semantics as there isn't parallax even though if there is any scrolling maps you'd need to have it to look right.

It looks good though, maybe some contrast between the grass and reeds on the marsh map.. oh and I agree with Kusy you should limit the amount of mirroring on the BGs.

They are just static backgrounds in the screenshots above, however I have them broken down into layers if there is someway to make them move at variable speeds.

Yeah, the mirroring on the second screenshot is poor, I'll work on fixing that, thanks for the tip.

• 4 years later...