Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Providence: A New Beginning

WiseRock

Update 0.2.0

Added Equipment Window

Added Currency: Golandite (A gold-like item)

Updated Enemy AI - You can flee from an enemy after about 40 Pixels. The enemy will stay at that point where you fled. They will instantly regain all their health.

Com
ing Soon…

RTB System - (50% Complete Have to add Enemy Attacks)

Transportation System - Trains,Boats etc.

Enemy Spells - Dragons cast Fireballs etc.

Vendors

Scripted Items

Advanced Quest System

Switches and Variables

The Platform will be Windows(For Testers) and HTML5

Have an Idea or *Want an Item/NPC named after shoot me a PM Limited Time Ends August 10th*.

All testers that have signed up will have a NPC/Item named after them :)

Update v0.2.1!  ;)

Added Inventory System

Fully Functional Consumable/Stackable Items

Battle System Completed (
Just need to get some Enemies
)

Quest System Started

*Testers the day you have been waiting for is almost here! ^_^
  ^_^ 

Testers:

[Colonello](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/user/66139-colonello/)

[Zopto](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/user/65698-zopto/)

[Tael](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/user/63625-tael/)

If I missed someone shoot me a PM!

Played the game for a bit and here is what I've noted so far:

- Character can walk off screen.

- Blood renders above the character.

- Game crashes when you die.

- Sometimes character cannot attack an NPC. Tried to run and re-position myself and still didn't attack.

> Played the game for a bit and here is what I've noted so far:
>
>  
>
> - Character can walk off screen.
>
> - Blood renders above the character.
>
> - Game crashes when you die.
>
> - Sometimes character cannot attack an NPC. Tried to run and re-position myself and still didn't attack.

Thank You for testing I will fix the problems ASAP.

And for the Attacking NPC is frequently because it may be the Formula for DPS. As I do it The Attacks are set up at 50/50 when you are not wearing the armor. When you equip the armorchest you should be do more Damage

EDIT:

Update .0.2.2

Fixes:

-Blood above the Player

-Fixed the Character Walking off the Screen
(The screen is now wrapped you will appear on the other side of the map
)

-Game Crashes when you die (
It was an error because you had negative health
)

-Sometimes Character Cannot Attack (
I increased CTH (Chance to Hit) by 2% So You should hit the npc more often Make Sure you Wear the Armorchest for better CTH
)

Thanks to 
[Tael](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/user/63625-tael/)  for pointing these out!

(The R button Restarts Game) Just wanted to Point that out as well

UPDATED Link: [https://www.mediafire.com/?b00wdqq2tjfaw7d](https://www.mediafire.com/?b00wdqq2tjfaw7d)

- NPCs can walk off the screen. Cannot see them until they aggro on the character. (By off screen, I mean where the map ends)

- Player is not center screen when walking (Maybe intended this way?)

- When you kill an NPC, sometimes they walk around dead.

Few more observations.

> - NPCs can walk off the screen. Cannot see them until they aggro on the character. (By off screen, I mean where the map ends)
>
> - Player is not center screen when walking (Maybe intended this way?)
>
> - When you kill an NPC, sometimes they walk around dead.
>
>  
>
> Few more observations.

1\. I will fix that as well as the Dead NPCs.

2\. The Player yes is not supposed to be centered.

Thank You so much I appreciate it for testing my game I will fix these bugs tomorrow.

EDIT:
Apparently there is so much bugs that I missed so I will try fixing them most of them if not all by the end of this week before August 18.
 Updates will be rarely due to me starting school on the 18th (I am attending a college and I will be there for the next 4 years. I will have the summers and winter etc. off though)

• 4 months later...
We are delaying this and we are going to dive right in the MMO We had too many problems with working with Providence ANB after one of our famous Programmers had passed away (You will be missed).

Thanks 

-Render (Basketball) & The LostTerminalStudios Team

* The person was my cousin who was skilled in a few languages

ROTMG didn't make those graphics.

ROTMG art is ALL from a pack you can get for free from the creator's website.

Literally, ROTMG is hilarious, it's a game made of other people's stuff with no custom stuff and then it sells deluxe packs and micro-transactions. It's like taking someone's car and selling it.

This Basketball guy is REHASHING someone else's stuff.

If you're doing custom RPGMaker sprites, at least they are more than 10 pixels different.

![](http://puu.sh/dAwqo/4b3ca4c765.png)

This * isn't even pixel art, it's pixel trash. Drew these in like a minute. That's why the creator GIVES it away.

Wait, why was my post deleted here??

Also - which "famous programmer" was it that died? Was it DFA? Deathbeam? Is that why Deathbeam's website is gone? I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS MAN, You can't just say "someone famous died" and not tell us who. Geez.

> Wait, why was my post deleted here??
>
>  
>
> Also - which "famous programmer" was it that died? Was it DFA? Deathbeam? Is that why Deathbeam's website is gone? I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS MAN, You can't just say "someone famous died" and not tell us who. Geez.

Why would you even consider deathbeam as a famous programmer?

Because despite most people's opinions, he is infamous. He's managed multiple communities, created multiple variants and worked on more projects than I can count.

You know who he is right? Most people do in this community, therefore he's infamous.

People hate kanye west and justin beiber, yet they are still known, to be known is the definition of famous. Charles Manson is famous.

> Wait, why was my post deleted here??
>
>  
>
> Also - which "famous programmer" was it that died? Was it DFA? Deathbeam? Is that why Deathbeam's website is gone? I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS MAN, You can't just say "someone famous died" and not tell us who. Geez.

Its was my cousin and I used the term "Famous" because he was very skilled at Java, C++, VB6 and GML. P.S I have no idea what happened to Deathbeam.

> I play ROTMG. You're using their work as a direct influence? Anyway, looks interesting, but if you try to profit in any way you'll probably get a S&D or sued. Goodluck and sorry about your programmer.

Thanks for the complements! Well ROTMG used [Oryx's Sprite](http://oryxdesignlab.com/sprites/) which they paid $25 for, and I used did use Oryx's work as an influence.  We were originally planning it for a 100% free game and the profit is pretty much just donations. By the condition we are in right now, this game might not even make it. 

> Why would you even consider deathbeam as a famous programmer?

lol

• 8 months later...
I remember this thread like I posted it yesterday.

I have moved on from GameMaker because of it is now so easy to get a hold of (aka pirated copy, I received mine legibly so :P) so its not easy to determine which games are authentic and which are not now a days.
I am currently learning Java, LUA and HTML for Cyber-Security and I will most likely go back into gaming later.
Brings back so much memories looking at this post.
I apologize for any people who were hoping for this to come out (people from like almost 2 years ago xD) But I cherish your supports in me for attempting myself to advance with this project.
Maybe soon I will create my own version of Providence without GameMaker. Only time will tell :)

@'WiseRock':

> All Sprites were drawn by me, Render and are owned by LostTerminalStudios
>
> ©LostTerminalStudios 2014 All rights Reserved

Scratch that. Idc if you use the GFX. I was an immature kid back then so meh.

@'GalacticGlum':

> This seemed really cool!

It was a fun project while it lasted  :D, but I was a young kid back then like 14 years old and in 8th grade, Now I am 16 and I skipped high school and dived straight into college and I became so much more responsible and mature then I was before. There may be a possibility of this getting revived in the future hell, I may even post the Game Maker Files up here if I can find them. In conclusion it was a fun game to create and it was well designed, if only I continued the project  :dodgy:.