Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rob's Feature Request Thread!

Rob Janes

> Almost every Eclipse engine before EO had 3 accounts :P (TE, ES, EE, etc)  They are just soo old you never see or hear about them anymore.

wow, didn't knew that lol

i'll try to add more characters following all your comments (or killing the engine with bad codes :P)

thanks for the comments!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should fix it Richy…

You'd put this on your "DrawMapFringeTile" in ModRendering, put it just After the "next" but before the "end with"

```
Dim LoopC as long
'Loop through all the players
       For LoopC = 1 To Player_HighIndex
            'If the player IS on our map, and is standing on the tile below the fringe we are rendering
            If GetPlayerMap(MyIndex) = GetPlayerMap(LoopC) And GetPlayerX(LoopC) = X And GetPlayerY(LoopC) = Y + 1 Then
               'Make sure they arent standing on a Fringe already
               If Map.Tile(X, Y + 1).layer(MapLayer.Fringe).Tileset = 0 Then
                    'Make sure they aren't standing on a Fringe2
                    If Map.Tile(X, Y + 1).layer(MapLayer.Fringe2).Tileset = 0 Then
                        'If the tile we rendered is Fringe or Fringe2, but there's a player below it not on a fringe, the player takes priority rendering
                        Call DrawPlayer(LoopC)
                        End If
                End If
            End If
        Next LoopC

```

To do multiple accounts per character, I'd have the Account Creation, create a "User Account" file, which would store the Name, Password and List of Character Names. When the player logs on, it checks the User Account file to confirm identity and then shows them their list of character files.  This would still allow you to have the Character.BIN files for each individual character, you'd simply be comparing login authentication to a separate User Account location.

@Rob Janes, OldX and OldY are not defined in your post on how to make Eo 3.0 resizeable!

```
MAX_MAPX = OldX / PIC_X
MAX_MAPY = OldY / PIC_Y

```

> This should fix it Richy…
>
>  
>
> You'd put this on your "DrawMapFringeTile" in ModRendering, put it just After the "next" but before the "end with"
>
> ```
> Dim LoopC as long
> 'Loop through all the players
>        For LoopC = 1 To Player_HighIndex
>             'If the player IS on our map, and is standing on the tile below the fringe we are rendering
>             If GetPlayerMap(MyIndex) = GetPlayerMap(LoopC) And GetPlayerX(LoopC) = X And GetPlayerY(LoopC) = Y + 1 Then
>                'Make sure they arent standing on a Fringe already
>                If Map.Tile(X, Y + 1).layer(MapLayer.Fringe).Tileset = 0 Then
>                     'Make sure they aren't standing on a Fringe2
>                     If Map.Tile(X, Y + 1).layer(MapLayer.Fringe2).Tileset = 0 Then
>                         'If the tile we rendered is Fringe or Fringe2, but there's a player below it not on a fringe, the player takes priority rendering
>                         Call DrawPlayer(LoopC)
>                         End If
>                 End If
>             End If
>         Next LoopC
>
> ```

Thanks for the concept. I moved it over to Render_Graphics, inside the blt upper tiles (DX7). Tweaked it up a bit, though I'm still trying to figure out how to calculate how to bltplayer by width.

```

Dim PlayerCheck As Long
Dim SpriteCheck As Long
Dim SpriteHeight As Long

For PlayerCheck = 1 To Player_HighIndex
SpriteCheck = GetPlayerSprite(PlayerCheck)
SpriteHeight = ((DDSD_Character(SpriteCheck).lHeight / 4) / 32) - 1

'Prevent RTE9ers.
If (Y - SpriteHeight) <= Map.MaxY And (Y - SpriteHeight) >= 0 Then
'Check player X/Y.
If GetPlayerX(PlayerCheck) = X And GetPlayerY(PlayerCheck) = Y Then
'Is player walking on a fringe tile?
If (Map.Tile(GetPlayerX(PlayerCheck), GetPlayerY(PlayerCheck)).Layer(MapLayer.Fringe).Tileset = 0) Or (Map.Tile(GetPlayerX(PlayerCheck), GetPlayerY(PlayerCheck)).Layer(MapLayer.Fringe2).Tileset = 0) Then
'Not on a fringe? Render dat bish above fringe..
If (Map.Tile(X, Y - SpriteHeight).Layer(MapLayer.Fringe2).Tileset > 0) Or (Map.Tile(X, Y - SpriteHeight).Layer(MapLayer.Fringe).Tileset > 0) Then Call BltPlayer(PlayerCheck)
End If
End If
End If
Next PlayerCheck

```

First of all - i know it will seem like im needy but to be honest ill just post what i have generated from many of the ideas a long time ago :) Its just a list of cool features that would make the game so much more interesting… Also these are features that EVERYONE would use if only one good code would exist in the forums (the ones i was trying to implement always led to a dead-end :( )

Anyway, select 1,2 (or none) :)

**I think 1st one and the 9th are the coolest and most game-changing stuff when building a nice game. It alows you to create much more contect without having to mess with the code, and it makes game more random and challanging. It also allows to balance stuff out and gives challange for people in the game.**

Im  guessing ur writting code for 3.0 right?

1. **The custom monster spell/skill system.**

Now this is probably the most wanted thing in the eclipse - at least for me. It is one of the core things in most mmo's and makes game a little more action-based rather than just holding on CTRL for the whole dungeon/isntance/etc.

A few different "types" of spells that mobs/bosses could have:

Type 1:  "Dodgeable AOE"

* Vital: - how much damage does it do?
* Range: - in what range can the boss cast this spell?
* Casting time:
* Casting animation:
* Tile animation ON CAST: Now this is where the dodging part would come in - while the monster is casting spell the tile(s) that is(are) targeted would play animation. While casted, the spell could be dodged by  simply walking away from it.
* Tile animation ON HIT: Welp, this is what the casted spell looks like.
* Stun duration: if it stuns - for how long?
* Cooldown: the amount if time needed before boss can re-cast the spell.
* Debuff: Not needed, but nice to have - for e.g. lower STR, INT, STA or somthing.

Type 2: "Dodgeable linear" (width) (not as needed, just a fun option).

* Vital: - how much damage does it do?
* Range: Moster targets the player, casts the spell but damages ANYONE it the PATH of the spell. Maybe it could target the X and Y of a player, but with "width" and "lenght" options it could surpass the square player is in and maybe be a little "buffier" - like taking 3 in width and 8 tiles in lenght?
* Casting time:
* Casting animation:
* Tile animation ON CAST: Now this is where the dodging part would come in - while the monster is casting spell the tile(s) that is(are) targeted would play animation. While casted, the spell could be dodged by  simply walking away from it.
* Tile animation ON HIT: Welp, this is what the casted spell looks like.
* Stun duration: if it stuns - for how long?
* Cooldown: the amount if time needed before boss can re-cast the spell.
* Debuff: Not needed, but nice to have - for e.g. lower STR, INT, STA or somthing.

Type 3: "Cluster dodgeable aoe"

Same as 1, but rahter chooses a location of attacked player and simply puts a set amount (like 2x2; 3x3; 4x4) area around him, then shoots set amount of damaging spells into the location.

Example - 3x3 (so 9 tiles in total) closter aoe with the amount of clousters set to "3" would choose a 3x3 square area ant would deal damage in 3 of the 9 tiles randomly. All the stats as above, vital, cooldowns, range, etc. It should also be diodgeable so tile animations would be nice :3

There are lots of different types of stuff that would be nice to have, like knockbacks and etc., but im not even gonna bother you with naming them as it is quite exhausting as it is :D

EDITED:

Spell type - Spawn minion with animation, range and casting time would be quite nice. Making that spider boss spawn 9 flaming yicky spiders out of her… ahem, back side would look epic.

Spell type - Self and minion healing would be quite cool too (but that i can add myself, i think  i saw a code somewhere... >_>")

Spell type - ignore damage for X seconds.

Ill quit now. .___.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

2\. Shielding: 

Holding shift (or some spell button) would turn on shield that would:

A) Block a portion of damage the damage from all incoming damage for x second (maybe use X mana per second)?
B) Block damage from dodgeable linear spells?

C) In general, a nice thing to have would be a spell that one could use as a skill "block". It would require holding something in shield slot and would add some extra hp on top of the hp. If the shield is not completely broken withing X seconds - it would fade away and spell would go on cooldown (would be nice to play with the shield calculation formula later on :3)?

D) Spell: shield to cast on another player?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

3\. Actualy working, not game-crashing item-destroyng server-lagging crafting system (any of the two below would be nice).

A) A simple recipe item that actually works, clicking it would actually take away required amount of items, would actually react to stackable items, and wouldnt take items if the required amount isnt enough.

B) Same non-buggy sytem that would require coming to a certain tile, block, even and creating item.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

4\. Two or three different types of damage.

Making "skills" of a warrior to scale with str (Like name it "vital 1" for STR based skills, swords and some monster). Mages with INT ("vital 2" for magic damage, dragonfire etc.) and maybe "Vital 3" for rogue classes that would scale with agi? 

Maybe adding same "vital 1,2,3 to the armor?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5\. Mob type event "after death" - spawn other monster, play cutscene, teleport player? :?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

6\. A short guidance on adding more item slots on player... :|

7\. Daily-connection reward system.

8\. Weapon/monster attribute: Vampirism: adding a % of damage dealth to the players or monsters HP.

9\. Special "types" of weaponry, armor and monsters. Its just a dream to have this sort of system, but since my list is big - im giving it a shot anyways :D

Pretty much the rock-papper-scissors thingy.

Creating NPC, weapon or spell would allow you to select their type.

"Types" tab would have a few selections when creating a new type:

e.g.

Type name: "5\. Air"

Weak to: "1\. Fire" ---- Multiply x0.75 (means that "air" weapons, spells etc. will do 0.75 damage to "fire" type monsters)

Strong against "2\. Water" ----- multiply "x1.5" (Means that "air" weapons spells etc. will do 50% more damage to "water" type monster)

This could apply to the BOSSES and BOSS-type spells that i mentioned in the beggining.

Just my 9 cents :3

P.S. The ling in Your thread here: [http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129958-eclipse-some-unique-name-here/](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129958-eclipse-some-unique-name-here/)

dosent work :(

> Edit: 2014-08-04 01:15
>
> Hi, Rob do you have a code to add projectile with (ammo) on Eclipse Worlds 1.2.1a?
>
> I want to make a survival RPG with guns.
>
> Thank you, H3lp
>
> ______________________

> Edit: 2014-08-04 01:15
>
> Hi, Rob do you have a code to add projectile with (ammo) on Eclipse Worlds 1.2.1a ?
>
> I want to make a survival RPG with guns.
>
> Thank you, H3lp
>
> ______________________
>
> There's tutorials for projectile systems in tutorials for other eclipse engine i think its a recent post to check it out.

> Yeah, but i dont see a tutorials for ammo.

[http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129037-ammo-for-range-projectiles-30-not-hardcoded/?hl=ammo](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129037-ammo-for-range-projectiles-30-not-hardcoded/?hl=ammo)

All I did was Search Ammo on the Search Engine

> Is it not as simple as just making PlayerRec and all Player related types an array (1 To 3), then ~~rewrite~~ replace the entire core to allow the array setting, and then just record the value of which character is logged in? :D

If you wanted to make the transition simple just deal with 3 characters on the main menu. Then just load the right character into the slot that already exists. Game will continue as normal.

• 2 weeks later...
Now i have an another question and thanks for last time, Render. I want to add a teleport for the change sprite item. like this!

![](http://image.gilawhost.com/14/08/13/e6z16opi.png)

To warp player after using the change sprite. Thanks for helping guys.

> You'd want to add a WarpX, WarpY into the ItemRec on both client, server, and then also an ITEM_TYPE_WARP constant. On the server side UseInvItem sub, if the item type is ITEM_TYPE_WARP, call PlayerWarp Item(itemnum).warpx Item(itemnum).warpy

If you need any help on this, I'll walk you through it h3lp :D

• 3 weeks later...
So I was wondering if there was a way to add server selection in the main client, so you can see a list of servers, their status and a general glance at the population count?

Maybe have extra lines in the config file for them.

Would make a great feature.