Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom Sprites?

MCADAMS

I've been looking at a lot of Eclipse games lately and most of them have custom sprites. I currently map and use the sprites from Eclipse 2.7 on Eclipse Origins. I really like the graphics and I think I can do a lot with them but they seem to be frowned upon. I don't have any experience making sprites and resources so it would be hard to make custom ones but then again I don't want to be demeaned for using pre-made sprites. Any suggestions?

If you have the time and passion to learn - Practice pixel art yourself.
If you have the money and the will to pay - Pay someone
If you have other skills and are able to establish a great game design document - Show people and look to recruit a spriter
If your a novice and just want to practice game development - Use RMXP or such.

@Kreator:

> If you have the time and passion to learn - Practice pixel art yourself.
> If you have the money and the will to pay - Pay someone
> If you have other skills and are able to establish a great game design document - Show people and look to recruit a spriter
> If your a novice and just want to practice game development - Use RMXP or such.

So I shouldn't use RMXP in beta testing/the actual game?

@Kreator:

> If you finish your game you should already have whatever sprites you chose to use/ made

Right but I mean would it be ok to use RXMP sprites if I pulled it off really nicely? Do you think people would care or just immediately turn away from the game because I didn't use custom ones?

@Chakkra:

> The second one.
>
> I for one would never play a game made with the RMXP **RTP graphics**.

its nothing on the engine, its the graphics. try to distinguish your thoughts more clearly. you may confuse someone less intelligent, lol