Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You people disgust me.

SwordStory

So i made this topic about making a runescape 2d and you guys clearly ignored the reason.

From 2001-2007 Runescape had the best pking system and that was like the reason why everyone played back then.
they removed that pvp system 21 dec 2007\. Thats why i want to remake it, also i would think people would find it cool if i made a rs2d.
Would not make people pay for it because if i did i would face legal issues.

anyways, i requested that if you were gonna make a comment such as "Runescape sucks!" or "Fuck you"

I like runescape, dont really care about the graphics but its my opinion, i like runescape. if you dont well then dont make a comment because
i know that you will flame me anyways.

@SwordStory:

> So I made this topic about making a runescape 2d and you guys clearly ignored the reason.
>
> From 2001-2007 Runescape had the best pking system and that was like the reason why everyone played back then.
> they removed that pvp system 21 dec 2007\. Thats why I want to remake it, also I would think people would find it cool if I made a rs2d.
> Would not make people pay for it because if I did I would face legal issues.
>
> anyways, I requested that if you were gonna make a comment such as "Runescape sucks!" or "duck you"
>
> I like runescape, dont really care about the graphics but its my opinion, I like runescape. if you dont well then dont make a comment because
> I know that you will flame me anyways.

You are clearly a little kid. First of all everyone started saying Runescape sucks ect, as a joke. Cause you said don't say this and that. And why did they tell you that is was a fail? Cause the fact is that it is a fail and your stealing someone else's graphics which are not yours. Dammit make your own graphics for a change instead of leeching off other people's. Learn to make something your self.

''Would not make people pay for it because if I did I would face legal issues.''
Wow… You face legal issues either way kid.

''they removed that pvp system 21 dec 2007\. Thats why I want to remake it, also I would think people would find it cool if I made a rs2d.''

Theres private servers for that. And anyways its not ''Cool'' stealing other people's work. And especially not ''Cool'' if you get sued.  ;D

'So I made this topic about making a runescape 2d and you guys clearly ignored the reason.''

Dude, make your own game from scratch.

P.S. Board Of Shame - Vote  ;)

Cheers~
Tompwnage

Alot of people hate runescape or just like to jump on the bandwagon. Also as Tompwnage said the second you tell people not to do something they are going to do it. I wouldnt worry about it to much. Some people are just douche bags.

Kid, Youre obviosuly young, and new to making games, but I'm telling you, RuneScape is one of the worst games ive ever played, and you really need to do something original and not try and revive something thats dead.

Nobody here will help with a stupid idea, we're all far too busy, or just lazy. Get an original idea, put in a lot of work, then come asking for help.

Copying a 3d game which already has nice lore and functionality in a 2D engine with lesser functions and features is a fail from the start.
Sorry to say this, but it's not worth making a 2D game in eclipse except it has an original story and feel to it.

Man quit your conplainin if no one will help u, then do it yourself. I don't think rune scape is the stuff anymore. It was when I was in like 6th grade (4 years ago) but not anymore. People will play you game more if it has uniqueness. If someone is playing and then they say, ohh this is just like runescape!!!1

It just won't work out
But if u wanna do it yourself
Start hitting up them college styled text books on programming ;)

@Mystifi:

> @Skell:
>
> > The best PvP system? :O
>
> No, this is the best pvp system:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwcLiTrCDWc&feature
> And runescape is one of those games, where people first enter the world of mmos, for the nubcakes who dont know what to do.

Not exactly! Best PvP system is Savage 2 ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLfFZ2hYQOw

can savage 2 allow you to do air combos and lifts people up in the air and stuff like that?
@l0lz!:

> I'd say WoW has really fun pvp. Shadowbane had good pvp too, but Runescape pvp was sort of: Hey I'm going to the waves and- Oh no! The waves are comming! RUN.

WoW fails.
Pay for something you could get for free >.>

And yes i know, they have to get their money somewhere but why not make it all in the cash shop like most mmos do?

Dude, in all sincerity, I think you should just stop with the Runescape stuff. I have played Runescape and I enjoyed it for a while, but making a 2D version is just stupid. 3D has so many more benefits and visual appeals that by making it 2D, you're taking that appeal away.

@Mystifi:

> can savage 2 allow you to do air combos and lifts people up in the air and stuff like that?
> @l0lz!:
>
> > I'd say WoW has really fun pvp. Shadowbane had good pvp too, but Runescape pvp was sort of: Hey I'm going to the waves and- Oh no! The waves are comming! RUN.
>
> WoW fails.
> Pay for something you could get for free >.>
>
> And yes I know, they have to get their money somewhere but why not make it all in the cash shop like most mmos do?

Well hey, If you haven't played retail Wow to 80 and beyond you can't say much. BTW, Cash Shops are a more waist of money than a subscription fee.

@Mystifi:

> Exactly. I dont wanna pay for something to just play.

But when you do, you're getting a good game, good customer service, frequent updates, and most of all a fair playing field. With most Cash Shop MMO's if you really want to get anywhere you're going to have to use the cash shop.

@l0lz!:

> @Mystifi:
>
> > Exactly. I dont wanna pay for something to just play.
>
> But when you do, you're getting a good game, good customer service, frequent updates, and most of all a fair playing field. With most Cash Shop MMO's if you really want to get anywhere you're going to have to use the cash shop.

I Play Fiesta from outspark, and i get all of those and lvl 78 w/o cash items.

@Mystifi:

> @l0lz!:
>
> > @Mystifi:
> >
> > > Exactly. I dont wanna pay for something to just play.
> >
> > But when you do, you're getting a good game, good customer service, frequent updates, and most of all a fair playing field. With most Cash Shop MMO's if you really want to get anywhere you're going to have to use the cash shop.
>
> I Play Fiesta from outspark, and I get all of those and lvl 78 w/o cash items.

This is definitely getting off-topic, so good for you in getting somewhat close to the max level, I'm happy it's working out for you. But for me glitchy asian mmo's just aren't my cup of tea, I'll gladly pay for a well crafted MMO if it's worth it.