A program that report everytime a post/tropic have been added? [READ!]

europris

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@NGHS:

> Why do we need to write a program that reports when a post or topic gets added?, There is NO reason.

It will be a popup box in the right corner that will say "A new tropic has been made!
Name of  tropic: Need error help plz?
Author name: blsblblbd
Click on this box to reply!"

When you click on the box a window form will popup and show infomartion about the tropic and replies.

The only point with this is that it faster

Well for a start we do not provide 100% dedicated full time support, Eclipse is free and people who provide support will answer when they can. Its even faster to just click on the questions board, this is a waste of time for something that is not needed.

@NGHS:

> Well for a start we do not provide 100% dedicated full time support, Eclipse is free and people who provide support will answer when they can. Its even faster to just click on the questions board, this is a waste of time for something that is not needed.

Well that your opinion :azn:, i might make my own after i have been finished with my game. :P

@europris:

> @NGHS:
>
> > Well for a start we do not provide 100% dedicated full time support, Eclipse is free and people who provide support will answer when they can. Its even faster to just click on the questions board, this is a waste of time for something that is not needed.
>
> Well that your opinion :azn:, I might make my own after I have been finished with my game. :P

Waste your time if you want, i doubt Marsh will give you the MySQL password anyway.

@NGHS:

> @europris:
>
> > @NGHS:
> >
> > > Well for a start we do not provide 100% dedicated full time support, Eclipse is free and people who provide support will answer when they can. Its even faster to just click on the questions board, this is a waste of time for something that is not needed.
> >
> > Well that your opinion :azn:, I might make my own after I have been finished with my game. :P
>
> Waste your time if you want, I doubt Marsh will give you the MySQL password anyway.

Don't need

@NGHS:

> If it were that simple, people would be using that to duck SMF up, I'm 99% sure thats not going to work with SMF

I will still try it, not only because i want to get it to work but because i want to learn new things.

@europris:

> @NGHS:
>
> > If it were that simple, people would be using that to duck SMF up, I'm 99% sure thats not going to work with SMF
>
> I will still try it, not only because I want to get it to work but because I want to learn new things.

Stop learning VB6.0 and learn a language thats not dead.

@NGHS:

> @europris:
>
> > @NGHS:
> >
> > > If it were that simple, people would be using that to duck SMF up, I'm 99% sure thats not going to work with SMF
> >
> > I will still try it, not only because I want to get it to work but because I want to learn new things.
>
> Stop learning VB6.0 and learn a language thats not dead.

I dont use VB6 i use VB.net  :rolleyes:

@Soul:

> [I have an idea. What if there was a webpage that updated every time someone posts? It would also allow you to get the topic, a short summary, and the full topic by clicking on a link!](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss)

Yes? an RSS feed? still not a vb program, im doing this for learning.

@Soul:

> There's already many programs that do what you're doing and can easily be hooked up to an RSS feed. Sure, you can make it, but more people would rather use something more interchangable that can handle other feeds.

Like i said i am doing this for learning VB.NET.

@europris:

> huh?
> 256-bit AES encryption haven't been cracked yet

I lol'd.

Kid, seriously, stop making an idiot of yourself. You're trying to make a stand-alone application which you want _us_, the people who actually answer people's questions, to use so we can get an annoying pop-up box telling us when a question has been asked.

**We're not your bitches.** We answer people's questions when we get the time and if we want to.

This entire system is stupid, especially as I can come on once a day, answer all the questions which are new (Because, as you obviously fail to notice, the forum has in-built tools which lets us monitor the sections) without some fail program made in .NET.

If you want to practice with a language, that's fine, but stop pretending you know more than you do. You're just making yourself look like an idiot.

I don't mean to be condescending, or mean, but Robin is sorta right.

And besides, I know for a fact that some of the global mods (who answer questions) do not use Windows. They would have no use for this application. Your best bet would be to go with C++ standalone. And do what Tylian! said. Read the RSS feed, every x minutes, and if it is different than last time make a pop-up baloon.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@Robin:

> @europris:
>
> > huh?
> > 256-bit AES encryption haven't been cracked yet
>
> I lol'd.
>
> Kid, seriously, stop making an idiot of yourself. You're trying to make a stand-alone application which you want _us_, the people who actually answer people's questions, to use so we can get an annoying pop-up box telling us when a question has been asked.
>
> **We're not your bitches.** We answer people's questions when we get the time and if we want to.
>
> This entire system is stupid, especially as I can come on once a day, answer all the questions which are new (Because, as you obviously fail to notice, the forum has in-built tools which lets us monitor the sections) without some fail program made in .NET.
>
> If you want to practice with a language, that's fine, but stop pretending you know more than you do. You're just making yourself look like an idiot.

Robin, Im NOT trying to get help im trying to learn new types of programing in VB and then help others to make programs.
Not.

I know you have been into sadscript a while but, seriously stop thinking im that selfish!

@europris:

> I know you have been into sadscript a while but, seriously stop thinking im that selfish!

**1.** I don't use that shitty vbScript wrapper and never will.
**2.** You _are_ selfish. You're saying that the support team should give up even more of their free time to refresh the RSS feed so we can answer any question which pops up.