Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Renewal

Officer Johnson

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making it closed source is dumb. It's not like any features you add will change the fact that vb6 is a laggy piece of garbage that you can't actually make an "MMO" with, let alone a small online game that can barely serve 20 people. There's already better engines out there for game creation that are open source. 

Not that I'm really interested in the engine. But, at least make it open source so if someone needs a few extra features to make their game unique they can. You've got nothing to lose. Anyone who can actually benefit from your code (a programmer worth their weight), will already know how to implement the features anyway.

If you take a gander at the Eclipse license (its an actual software license under the same moniker) it'll explicitly state that to close any branch you must first obtain the permission of every contributor of said source.

Something to think about. And yes, I'm aware people have done it before and even sold it (including the present "owners"; that doesn't make it legal.

> If you take a gander at the Eclipse license (its an actual software license under the same moniker) it'll explicitly state that to close any branch you must first obtain the permission of every contributor of said source.
>
> Something to think about. And yes, I'm aware people have done it before and even sold it (including the present "owners"; that doesn't make it legal.

Read over these and thought about it and i agree with you guys. vb6 is old and i suppose im not losing much considering i don't even use the engine so will open it up to open again in next update.

> Read over these and thought about it and i agree with you guys. vb6 is old and i suppose im not losing much considering i don't even use the engine so will open it up to open again in next update.

Good man. I'm all for protecting one's intellectual property, but its a double edged sword in the "open" community and it all revolves around legality/licensing.

• 2 weeks later...
1.3 Is now up for download check the first post for link

1.3 is open source

In 1.3:

New:

-Set Spawn for each class from Class.ini file

-Global Shop (or world shop)

-Version system

-Npcs levels now show beside there name

-Maxes increased, Max npc maps now 300, Max items, npcs, spells, resources, levels, quests = 1000

-Exp Multiplier Items

-Npc Spells

Fixes:

-Night is fixed and shouldn't flash anymore

-bank gui overlapping fixed (bank rearranged)

-Bank withdraw bug fixed

-Quests dialog not showing

-Events freezing the game

-Changes

-Serial code redeem 

-Withdraw and deposit

pics above are moved above inventory to fit and not overlap

-Admin panel changed to multiple picboxes on click of labels on screen and no longer on side of game

• 2 weeks later...
Halloween Update:

Version 1.6.0: Download [here](http://www.mediafire.com/download/1uda29bd5z16jx9/Eclipse+Renewal+1.6.0.rar)

Reorganized Server  :)
Halloween themed menu for client

Global Shop is now optional (just uncheckbox on server before opening clients and its all good :)
-Added Npc Hp Bars
-Added A few new options in the options menu :)
-Added A option in options menu for chat on screen or chat box :)