Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to internationalizate my Eclipse Game?

eemarwell

Hi guys!

I'm new here, but I'm professional Java programmer and the first thing what I questioned myself is, how can I implement a internationalization system on my game?

In Java we have a lot of frameworks who make that more easy to do in Java Web of Desktop, and it is very easy using tags and one unique archive to store all translations for one language, and if we want to include another language all we have to do is create another archive copying the old archive and translate it…

But, implements one system like that in VB6 make me lost my head after read the code, I'm testing here the EO2.0, EO2.3 and Eclipse Worlds Engine, but I'm a Java OO Programmer and I'm lost in VB6 world (procedural programmed).

I want to know if someone here already made this possible or have any idea to how to do that.  :wacko:

There are many ways you could do it. The easiest way is to simply program all text with a tag that would refer to a xml/binary table. Have a different table for each language. As for the actual programming if you know java you should have no problems. Its all the same in the end.

Also, big enough signature?

For anything you want to do there is always more than one way to do obviously.
But I don't know how to do this IN THE CODE using VB6\. In Java we do that using .xml, .txt, .properties and lot of other ways. That's what I meant.

I know how this functions and I know how to do that in other programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP… but not in VB6.

I don't know if there any any XML libraries for VB6 but as Marsh said you can use a binary table. [Here](https://www.dropbox.com/s/g375xtywdfwj7cy/Internationalization.zip?dl=0) is an example of loading files and saving them to binary files with multiple "languages". If you need more help just ask. :)