Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Conquest of the World

death

This has been a long tradition on another forum, and some of those that happen to also be here will reconise it. I did indeed just copy it, but who cares, right?

![](http://a.yfrog.com/img43/2716/cotw.jpg)

That's the map, enjoy it.

To join choose a colour, you can always change your colour. Also choose your nation name. If you can do both of those, congrats, you're half way there. Next pick where your nation's capital will be, tell me the number. Then name that area. (That's so I won't have those numbers there. Note that the area name is different than your nation name.)

Alright, each area on the map has different resources, you do not know which area has which resource. It's completely random which area has what resource.

THE RULES

To begin your nation makes one GDP every round. What you have to do is choose what to invest that money in. You can **Mine, Search, Research, Raise an Army, Trade, Bank or Expand**.

**Search for Resources:** Before you can mine resources, you need to find them first. Each area has a set amount of resources to begin with. You use 1 GDP every time you search. When you search for them, you have a percent chance based on the availability of finding it. So if your area has a lot of one resource, you have a high probability of finding it. Sometimes you won't find any resource at all that turn. However there still may be resources in the area.
**Mine for Resources:** Once you found a resource, you can invest GDP to start mining. The more GDP you invest, the more stuff you get back. Be careful though, you can deplete resources from your area. The GDP invested carries on to the next turns. (Say if you invested 1GDP in mining the last turn, that GDP will still be invested the next turn, so you can invest in others things while the mine still returns resources)
**Research:** Depending on the resources you have and other random probability, you can gain technology. When you find it, I'll tell you what it does.
**Raise Army:** You can turn GDP into Army Points. More on attacking later.
**Trade:** You can set up a trade route between other nations. You can trade resources, or just give them away. However it costs money to create a trade route. It's one GDP every two areas in between plus one. So if 2 wanted to trade with 5 or 9 it would cost one GDP. If 2 wanted to trade with 11, it would cost two.
**Bank:** You save your GDP for future turns. It has 10% interest every round.
**Expand:** You invest five GDP into gaining another area next to you. Every three territories your GDP increases by 1\. When you expand into another area, you will give that area a new name.
**YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE OF THESE EVERY ROUND, EVEN IF YOU MAKE MORE THAN ONE GDP. GDP NOT USED WILL BE PUT IN THE BANK.**

ATTACKING

I roll a dice for the attacker and defender. Highest roll wins, defender wins in ties.
However there are some differences.

Each Area you have automatically has 5AP to begin with, so when you expand into another area you get 5 more AP. When you raise an army, one GDP gets you five more AP.

Each area you own has to have at least 1AP in it at all times.

Moving your army costs the same as trade routes. So it costs 1GDP to move, and +1 GDP every two areas. You can have AP anywhere even in areas you do not own. You do not get those areas though.

To start a battle, first you move your AP into another area with someone else's AP. Then I roll the dice and see who wins and how many AP is left over. If you are standing on top of someone else's area and have defeated all their army it is converted into a conquered territory. In order to convert it into your territory, you must have at least 5AP on it and invest 1GDP into converting it.

Ally soldiers can be in the same area.

YOU CAN MOVE AP AND INVEST GDP IN THE SAME ROUND.