Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom Guild Icon System and Item Linking to chat

Slasheree

Just wanted to show off 2 awesome features I added to EE in this last update:

Warning: Image heavy

>! Custom Guild Icon System, instead of having image files randomly assigned like in a thread I saw, I made it so this system accept image files uploaded to the server by the players (founders of the guild)
>!
>! ![](http://oi62.tinypic.com/1y6b6w.jpg)
>! Item Linking to chat, most mmo players will recognize this, Shift+Leftclicking an item in your inventory will 'link' them to your chat, pretty useful to share item information with players (mainly trades and such)
>!
>! ![](http://oi59.tinypic.com/2rq0vhy.jpg)

Tell me what you guys thing  ;)

No image is sent to the client? Then how will the client render it? :o And if the packet gets too "heavy" just compress it down with Zlib.

And I like the item linked to chatbox. But what I can't figure out is how do you figure out whether you're hovering over a linked item with an RTB.

> ,…,<>" data-cid="929239" data-time="1412330348">
>
> no image is sent and 'saved' client-side, all nedded image data is sent to the client and stored in a record, easy

Oh, it's held in memory. Why not just save it and do a hashcheck on login with a record-table? If there is a file that isn't there in the list then remove it. If the Hash is wrong then remove it. Give the record to the player ever time they log-in compressed down and send them the files they request in a big packet all compressed down again..

• 3 weeks later...