Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What would your parents do if you were gay?

TPK

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Al-Capone:

> @F0x:
>
> > No actually all reasonable people do.
>
> I know plenty of "reasonable" American Christians. Don't generalize.

Really? I don't.

@Koovo:

> I'll hand over my two cents, for what their worth. (Which may amount to nothing, but duck you.) As I've said before, I was never a member of a debate club.
>
> Helladen may have attempted to "troll" others who support gay rights.  If this is the case, shame on him.  If not, shame on you.  Some people are uncomfortable with gays.  Deal with it.  Stop demonizing the rest of the populace that disagrees with your viewpoint.
>
> I grow weary of being forced to accept gay marriage and associating issues. So if I don't like gay people, I should be burned at the stake?  I do not actively protest nor do I purposely murder same-sex couples. Leave me alone already.
>
> As for dubbed versus subbed anime, I stand on middle ground.

So was it wrong to bash Hitler? He was uncomfortable with Jews. Was it wrong to bash Southern Americans? They were uncomfortable recognizing negros as people.

@Robin:  My statement is based off a few social incidents. The film, _Brokeback Mountain_, was brought up and an attempt was made to corner and cage my personal opinion. I dismissed myself from the conversation at that point. Targeting you specifically was not my intent.

The person in question does not tolerate or understand what it is to be gay.  So what?  Just leave him to his own devices.

@Miguu:  Hitler was decidedly evil, his actions extreme.  In time, Southern Americans learned that African Americans breath the same air.  I speak of those who do not vocalize their opinion, but are denounced for their views when they do.  If their words lead to crimes of blind hate, rise against and do not waver.

I do not know.  I am f@#!ing tired right now. Maybe I am missing something?

Off-topic:  Why all the anti-American sentiment?

@Koovo:

> I speak of those who do not vocalize their opinion, but are denounced for their views when they do.  If their words lead to crimes of blind hate, rise against and do not waver.

I speak of those who do not vocalize their opinion - in the closet

but are denounced for their views when they do. - coming out of the closet and being harassed for it

If their words lead to crimes of blind hate - recent bullying led to 5 gay teens dead because of suicide

rise against and do not waver - we are trying to rise against but it's difficult when people like you don't listen because you're too caught up in your own ego.

-

Am I missing something here? Please, help me understand.

@Miguu:

> @Koovo:
>
> > @Miguu:  Hitler was decidedly evil, his actions extreme.
>
> There is no such thing as "evil." Just conflicting views.

[Evil](http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evil) would refer to immoral acts, and murdering millions of Jews simply because he didn't like them would be a good example of it.

Honestly, being gay is a choice.  Thus meaning that its not "built in".  I believe gays should be disallowed.  After all, it started out as "Adam and Eve" NOT "Adam and Steve"…  (Or so I've heard, but completely different debate)

My mother has the opposite view and would most likely accept it, my father is vice versa in which he agrees with me, or maybe I agree with him?? 

You don't have to believe in god to dislike homosexuals.  The reality in most cases consists of "pole to pole" being frowned upon and "hole to hole" often overlooked.  I dub that as "hypocritical".

All who agree with me may bow now and kiss my toes for "I...AM......>>>Special  XD

@Sage:  To be honest, I do not know how to effectively answer that.  We both may not have our ears open.  Leave those that do not bully or kill alone. Does that help at all?

My choice of words have proven ineffective.  Perhaps the well-written article of another will help me better explain.  If not, I'll concede.

Link:  (Insert two links here when I find them…)

> Robin: No, it's not.

Is it proven to be a part of the gene pool?  Consciously, you feel the attraction to the same sex, but subconsciously your brain is confused between feelings and emotions towards other people.  Also affiliated with experiences in the past, present, and possible future.  It's all influenced, thus, it's a choice.  It is all a part of fear in reality.  Whether you fell or you were pushed, the outcome is still the same…  Just as most were born and knew from surrounding events that liking the opposite sex is how "it was meant to be".  If you were told otherwise, that effects your opinion.  If a child was constantly barked at from birth that being gay is bad and that sexuality is between a man and a women, then he or she will have chosen subconsciously to like the opposite sex no?

@Robin:

> @Zonova:
>
> > It's whether or not you choose to go that way that is your choice.
>
> So you're saying heterosexuality is a conscious decision that everyone makes?

Not consciously, no. Just like falling in love with someone isn't… usually.... a conscious decision.

@escfoe2:

> If a child was constantly barked at from birth that being gay is bad and that sexuality is between a man and a women, then he or she will have chosen subconsciously to like the opposite sex no?

No. We've tried that. It causes men and women to grow up being ashamed of who they are, causing low self-esteem, depression and loneliness.

Honestly, I thought we'd grown out of this 'Being gay is a choice that can be beaten out of you' attitude.

Stop emulating your parents and learn to make your own decisions, kids.

@escfoe2:

> Debating is healthy, It shows different views.  Anyway, I have to go.  Buh-bye

Debating what? You're saying that people will turn straights if you 'beat the gay out of them' from an early age.

Some people are simply programmed differently from what is conceived as the 'social norm'. Some people like boys, some people like girls. Some people are left handed, some people are right handed. Some people have blonde hair, some people have brown hair. Some people have brown skin, some people have pink skin.

This is our programming. You're saying that you can beat these attributes out of people? To what end? So that everyone can be the exact same as their neighbour? Sounds like a pretty boring world to me, kid.

Good Raptor Jesus … I thought this board had slightly intelligent people posting on it. Sexuality is a biological and chemically controlled series of genes and hormones in every Earth-bound species. There is a choice only in regards to if a person is open about their sexual preference. Science hath spoken, so shut the hell up and get back on topic.

- Adulese

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=65730.msg708171#msg708171 date=1288719551]
> Good Raptor Jesus … I thought this board had slightly intelligent people posting on it. Sexuality is a biological and chemically controlled series of genes and hormones in every Earth-bound species. There is a choice only in regards to if a person is open about their sexual preference. Science hath spoken, so shut the hell up and get back on topic.
>
> - Adulese

lolno.

I find it funny that people can think that if you're a guy, your biology is going to for sure be telling you to like girls. Sure, for a lot of us that's the case, but when all is said and done both men and women are still HUMAN. Our genetic code is practically identical save for some relatively minor stuff. Some guys get estrogen levels that are out of whack and grow breasts. Is it such a foreign thought that some might have a chemical balance that is closer to that of a girl? Perhaps they, on a strictly biological and chemical level, honestly DO just find their own gender more attractive?