Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What would your parents do if you were gay?

TPK

What can I say, I like the english language.
Here's a scenario for you:

Dog 1 : I love watching this show, luckily it's dubbed in bark.
Dog 2 : That's not right, you can only watch it in woof.
Dog 1 : But I can't speak woof, and my aural sense is more sensitive then my vision.
Dog 2 : Your not aloud to watch it unless you watch it in woof.

Poor dog 1.
What I mean by that is I love the animation style, but am fluent in english.
I'd prefer to hear voices then read words.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father would stop talking with me when he would realise I'm not shitting him, if not forever then for a very long time, and I would most likely do the same thing if I were a father and was given a situation like this.

You guys don't know shit actualy, it's fun and games but you can't possibly know how adult people with their own dreams, their own beliefs and all that shit would recive an information like this with all it's consequences.

@Kusy:

> You guys don't know shit actualy, it's fun and games but you can't possibly know how adult people with their own dreams, their own beliefs and all that shit would recive an information like this with all it's consequences.

True, but we're talking about what they'd do, not what they'd _feel._ My Dad is from a generation which was brought up to dislike gays. He'd probably be horrified if he knew, but he'd keep it to himself and act like he didn't care.

My Mum, on the other hand, is genuinely open-minded about pretty much anything.

Probably has something to do with the huge age gap. xD

I'll hand over my two cents, for what their worth. (Which may amount to nothing, but duck you.) As I've said before, I was never a member of a debate club.

Helladen may have attempted to "troll" others who support gay rights.  If this is the case, shame on him.  If not, shame on you.  Some people are uncomfortable with gays.  Deal with it.  Stop demonizing the rest of the populace that disagrees with your viewpoint.

I grow weary of being forced to accept gay marriage and associating issues. So if I don't like gay people, I should be burned at the stake?  I do not actively protest nor do I purposely murder same-sex couples. Leave me alone already.

As for dubbed versus subbed anime, I stand on middle ground.

@Koovo:

> Stop demonizing the rest of the populace that disagrees with your viewpoint.

We're not talking about gay rights, we're talking about people just being gay. Completely different conversation.

Helladen says quite clearly that he thinks being gay is wrong because he _doesn't understand it._

It's the epitome of American Christian ignorance. "I don't understand this, so it must be wrong."

Also, how am I demonising him? All I posted was a condescending reaction image. I've met plenty of people like him, and he's not worth the time it'd take me to post a response.

@Al-Capone:

> @Robin:
>
> > It's the epitome of American Christian ignorance. "I don't understand this, so it must be wrong."
>
> Just like how British Agnostics all think "That person is a American Christian, so he/she must be ignorant." ;D

No actually all reasonable people do.

@Robin:

> Don't put words into my mouth.

I don't believe I did.

@F0x:

> No actually all reasonable people do.

I know plenty of "reasonable" American Christians. Don't generalize.

@Batman:

> @Al-Capone:
>
> > Just like how British ~~Agnostics~~ ~~all~~ think "That person is an American ~~Christian~~, so he/she must be ignorant." ;D
>
> I think that is more correct.

More like.

@Al-Capone:

> Don't generalize.

Don't be a hypocrite.

@Al-Capone:

> @Batman:
>
> > @Al-Capone:
> >
> > > Just like how British ~~Agnostics~~ ~~all~~ think "That person is a American ~~Christian~~, so he/she must be ignorant." ;D
> >
> > I think that is more correct.
>
> More like.

XD That works too.