Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tileset Sample

This is a sample of a tileset that I am preparing for a game I will hopefully put into development after I complete some GFX and decided whether or not it will look good all put together.

Obviously the theme is oriental-based. I am attempting to create an artistic feeling. (Meaning the GFX are supposed to look slightly illustrated.)

The original GFX are from the computer game called Megamari. I have recolored, brightened, and subtly edited them a bit.

Let me know what you think of them all pieced together…

![](http://i52.tinypic.com/20rs56x.png)

@AmSamurai:

> This is a sample of a tileset that I am preparing for a game I will hopefully put into development after I complete some GFX and decided whether or not it will look good all put together.
>
> Obviously the theme is oriental-based. I am attempting to create an artistic feeling. (Meaning the GFX are supposed to look slightly illustrated.)
>
> The original GFX are from the computer game called Megamari. I have recolored, brightened, and subtly edited them a bit.
>
> Let me know what you think of them all pieced together…
>
> ![](http://i52.tinypic.com/20rs56x.png)

I like it, but feel like there's something wrong with the cherry blossom tree (pink tree) I just can't really put my finger on it.

>! ![](http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/megamari/tileset.png) You
didn't bright up, you just coped the street lamp and posted it in also same with the bricks.

Maybe you should just create you own tileset its easy, anyone can do it.

@Robin:

> I think it's the fact that the blossoms are so damn dense you can't see the sky. Looks very bad in that respect.

i didn't work on the sky yet. the leaves get less dense as you go higher. All I did so far was the area that was closest to the branches. Hence why the leaves are dense.

@Robin:

> @ZoSo:
>
> > Looks very w.I.p, but amazing lineart.
>
> Because it's not his. xD

Mhm. won't take credit and say I have made something when I didn't  XD. That's why I immediately said where I got it from. I agree with Zoso though and that is why I decided to use that game's GFX.

@Nobody:

> >! ![](http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/megamari/tileset.png) You
> didn't bright up, you just coped the street lamp and posted it in also same with the bricks.
>
> Maybe you should just create you own tileset its easy, anyone can do it.

Uh, maybe you should check your eyes? I recolored everything in that picture. If you match up what I did with the original, the colors are totally different. I don't even see why it matters what I paired together in the screenshot? (lamp, with the bricks) Lol but whatever, thanks for the worthless opinion.

@Sealbreaker:

> This looks really beautiful, but you shouldn't use something that's not yours.
>
> -seal

Believe it or not, the GFX aren't made by the people who made this game either.  XD Lol. There are a lot of games with Marisa as the antagonist. (Hence MegaMARI) lol. I was reading some info on this game, and it is basically a compilation of a lot of things. Anyway, I just liked it because it matched the theme I was trying to create for my game. I am trying to go for the beautiful concept  ;D

much better  ;) that wasn't that hard. after you said that I do agree with you that it may indeed look better darker. Thanks for the opinion.  :azn:

@Jungletoeâ„¢:

> What skill does it take to just recolor something?
> :huh:
>
> I don't even see the difference besides a few color swaps in the leaves…

Ok listen, if you read the post, I am showing off the GFX I am preparing for a project I am working on. I recolored everything due to preference. I know it does not take immaculate skill to recolor. If you can't just tell me whether you like what I am doing or dislike it and provide examples on how to improve, why bother posting.

Please respond with a more constructive opinion. It would be much appreciated…

@l0lz!:

> Consider not ripping off hard made gfx. If you really want an "Artistic Feeling" make it yourself, in the end it pays off.

I am now considering it since your not the only one who suggested it.

@Jeff:

> I agree with jungle, what are we supposed to say?  I do like that you made the trunk less pink, but everything else is the same?

This is the last time I'm going to say this. (Or you can skip all of it by just reading my first post.)

I have taken a GFX sheet….still with me?  :rolleyes:

Edited it just a tad...got that?  :icon_surprised:

Am using it for a game I am working on...doing ok?  :huh:

Just want to know how it looks as a tileset (Hence why i pieced it together) and how it is in regards to using those GFX for an oriental, artistic-themed game...

I could care less that I recolored it, its not my own, etc, etc, etc. I am simply asking for the opinions (of those on this forum that use more than 1/3 of their brain) how they think it looks! Its a simple question that you all seem to be over thinking. (Except for the slim few who just gave me an answer as I wanted.)

Whatever, I'll lock it. I'm not making myself look bad. I'm simply trying to ask for opinions but I just getting half-witted responses pertaining to nothing of what I originally asked. The only ones who look bad are those who responded to my thread with meaningless opinions.