Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A small game idea

Bafoon

So my friend has this small, cool idea for a game,

Its a 1v1 sports magic type game, I guess. It has a field, prefablly a bunch of maps setup like a regular football field, its got an endzone at both sides. In the middle is the ball, according to your speciailzation you can attack fast, run fast, cast magic, etc. There would be no health, but lets say you use a spell called Flame Punch, the player would drop the ball and make it fly 3 tiles over or something. The objective would to get the ball to your opponents gate and then fight him to the death at the end.

^^ he explained it wierd, but whadda u think?

BETTER IDEA:

make a quidditch game with stats:perception, coordination, agility, Strength

you choose what position you want to be.

every level(Quidditch game) you have the oppurtunity to buy new brooms, switch out players, and do training sessions(in which you increase your stats)

its basically your game but better :D

Maybe instead of debating someone takes it on and makes something out of it instead of having a quick convo and letting it die. I think if done right this could be a very good game.

Edit:
Lacking of players is no reason not to make it… If it is fun then advertising on an actual gaming forum verses a game dev forum and you will have plenty of players (you could also code some npcs)

Really? Thousands play this every day in the forum of Battle Grounds on World of Warcraft. How will it fail? I would love an all capture the flag type games mmo. It'd be great. Also guys take a look at S4 league, a "super sport" and successful game.

If you could spend a minute not being ignorant or hating turtle you'd figure these things out.

@Addict:

> Really? Thousands play this every day in the forum of Battle Grounds on World of Warcraft. How will it fail? I would love an all capture the flag type games mmo. It'd be great. Also guys take a look at S4 league, a "super sport" and successful game.
>
> If you could spend a minute not being ignorant or hating turtle you'd figure these things out.

It's fine as a mini-game, not as an entire MMO.

@Robin:

> It's fine as a mini-game, not as an entire MMO.

That's why S4 works. A sports mmo. That's why those Soccer sports mmo's work. His idea is a little twist on that.

He just shared and idea he found interesting, never said it was the best, and everyone just treats him like he's an idiot…

@Addict:

> That's why S4 works. A sports mmo. That's why those Soccer sports mmo's work. His idea is a little twist on that.
>
> He just shared and idea he found interesting, never said it was the best, and everyone just treats him like he's an idiot…

Robin said he thinks it's fine as a mini-game, but not a good MMO.

Did I miss something?