Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New website & forum

Robin

Why is no credit given to the person who actually created the template? Sure you changed some graphics, and moved a couple things around but I think credit should still be given. The website looks awfully similar to this one :
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2173

If I have just missed the credits somewhere, then ignore me.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Proximity:

> Why is no credit given to the person who actually created the template? Sure you changed some graphics, and moved a couple things around but I think credit should still be given. The website looks awfully similar to this one :
> http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2173
>
> If I have just missed the credits somewhere, then ignore me.

Same could be asked to whoever didn't credit the theme which _that_ theme is based off of.

Quite simply this is a new theme. Although I used plenty of stuff from that theme, I used plenty from a half-dozen other themes as well just like they all did with the themes they based their work on. I'm not going to trace the history of everything just to add a credits page which no one looks at.

@Robin:

> Team Robin, actually.
>
> I did the design, markup, css, php etc. whilst Rory did a lot of the graphics.

Well I don't think you should be making claims like this. I'm sure you did a lot of work, but that makes it sound like you did it all yourself, when you didn't.

@Proximity:

> Well I don't think you should be making claims like this. I'm sure you did a lot of work, but that makes it sound like you did it all yourself, when you didn't.

Every forum theme is based on a previous one, all leading back to the one shipped with the forum software. If anyone believes that I was implying that I deleted everything and made a full re-skin of the forum from scratch without any basis at all then they're a fool.

I liked the bit about the origins (no pun intended) of the engine and the community that it birthed.  Much obliged, Robin.  This proves the information you possessed would be helpful in filling in some historical gaps.  It's all accurate, right?  Just thinking about the impending edits (if I ever get to 'em) is headache inducing.

I have only just learned of the changes that have taken place.  The new design is definitely a step above its predecessor.  The old website required female dog slapping.

Edit: I hate your censors. >.< When exactly did the change happen?

@Devo:

> Perhaps im a fool then  Robin, in proximities defense, it does sorta sound like you said you coded and designed the whole thing.

It does out of context, but I was explaining who did what aspects of design in Team Robin. I never said I did it from scratch, I simply said I did the programming and design side of it whilst Rory did the graphics. This is true of all our projects.