Find results in...

New website & forum

Robin

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheesy:

I have a Suggestion for the new board organization. Due to the fact that now Origin's has the main role of the Eclipse official engine, the other editions are now stored in the Custom Versions forum, which i find a good choice.
But as it happens with the game projects (WIP or released) there are some of them who are really really good editions, and maybe storing all it's information in one single post is not the best for the people who goes to read what's that about.
So I was thinking if maybe could be possible to add a "Dedicated Editions" (just as dedicated projects) for some of the editions there (example Project Vertigo).

I don't see how anyone can have too much information for a single thread. Origins is the de facto version and has had a single thread since it's release.

We offer support for the unofficial versions of Eclipse in the normal questions board just the same as any other versions. They don't need special treatment.

@Robin:

> We offer support for the unofficial versions of Eclipse in the normal questions board just the same as any other versions. They don't need special treatment.

I agree with this.

**What's make Project Vertigo any superior to, let's say, Blood Eclipse?** _Nothing._ A custom mod is the same as any other; unoriginal.

I think the decisions and choices Robin has made for the new forum are wonderful. If you looked at PV's source, you'd see that its obviously a mod created by some amatuer.

I like the new forums a lot more. It looks way more professional and cleaner. Also now that some of the colors are back in it looks nicer.

I just think that the banner at the top needs to be changed. I understand its only a temp banner right now though. Personally I don't care that Robin has his name at the bottom though, he should have it there since he created the new site and forums… As for "Team Robin" who cares? Its just his group for Devs and shit to be in... its his team lol

uhhh? what happened here? :cheesy: All other Eclipse products are gone except origins? Is that a new version of origins? (I saw the screenshots -> Is that the default skin of the new eclipse?) Will Eclipse have a scripting feature like the old Eclipse? Or something special like built-in pet system? (I would really like to see a built-in pet system (and professions system like mining, woodcutting too) in Eclipse :cheesy: )
ps. I like the new design because my replies look cool on this light background :cheesy:

@d4vid:

> uhhh? what happened here? :cheesy: All other Eclipse products are gone except origins? Is that a new version of origins? (I saw the screenshots -> Is that the default skin of the new eclipse?) Will Eclipse have a scripting feature like the old Eclipse? Or something special like built-in pet system? (I would really like to see a built-in pet system (and professions system like mining, woodcutting too) in Eclipse :cheesy: )
> ps. I like the new design because my replies look cool on this light background :cheesy:

you can program stuff like that by yourself -.- no, it won't have scripting because it destroys the purpose of EO's speed.

-seal

@d4vid:

> uhhh? what happened here? :cheesy: All other Eclipse products are gone except origins? Is that a new version of origins? (I saw the screenshots -> Is that the default skin of the new eclipse?) Will Eclipse have a scripting feature like the old Eclipse? Or something special like built-in pet system? (I would really like to see a built-in pet system (and professions system like mining, woodcutting too) in Eclipse :cheesy: )
> ps. I like the new design because my replies look cool on this light background :cheesy:

Eclipse Origins is the latest and most advance of the Eclipse projects. And the rest are out of date and didn't need to be around to clutter up space by asking questions that are for a source that isn't being worked on. And EO already has professions bro. Start reading things before asking.