Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New website & forum

Robin

Well, I'm sure it's fairly obvious to our existing members that we're now sporting a new website and forum skin design by Rory and I (aka. Team Robin). Feel free to use this thread to ask about any features you believe were lost in the change and were an integral part of this community.

**The following features will _not_ be re-added:**
* Chat - Inactive.* Shop - Useless and an excuse to spam.* Arcade - Annoying and bugged.* Custom usergroups - The colour choices were atrocious, and we were handing out custom name colours for anything.* Any boards which were removed - Deemed as not being worthwhile.
Hope you enjoy the new site.

Regards,
_Robin_

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit : Not sure where to post so I put it here.
I notice some small mistakes(sorry if they're not) on the first page and I would like to point that out.

> You've got nothing to lose, **some** come on over and become a part of the largest 2D Online RPG development community around!

> The community was strong and **the** Coke set up some new ideas on the website such as VIP membership

> Even with all this history behind it**[missing comma?]** Eclipse manages to stand up by itself.

I think there are more missing commas but they're okay without them.

I read the History of Eclipse, a couple of times. It was really good. You should put it into a book :D
Anyway, Now I'm starting to remember how I got here. I started with Player World then move to Mirage Source when I found out Mirage Source is open source. Then I stopped with the Mirage stuff for a while and then found Elysium Diamond. I never got to use anything in between. And from there, I found Mirage-Realms and Eclipse. My order make no sense but the order in History of Eclipse make so much more sense.

When I first visit Eclipse this morning, I was like o.0? Did we got hacked?
Then I realized it said "Eclipse Origin" which then make me confused a bit more. Did Robin took over?

Well, anyway, I love this. It make Eclipse look so much more professional.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Name colors and unread topics need to make a comeback. With team Robin being a member group it looks pretty selfish. <_< Otherwise it looks better than the old eclipse default.

Edit: Secondary thought: The over use of green drains my attention in about three seconds or so. It might only be me who would like to see it done, but maybe using more colors would liven things up.

@Thorn:

> I LIKED the wide variety of name colors, it made it easy to look for specific people online. Now we have a few people with colors, and a field of gray. Not better, in my eyes.
> Taste the rainbow!

It also visually drew attention to people who either were important, had earned a color change, or had done something important in the eyes of the community. (Ie: won a contest, or donated)

I agree. Name colours need a come back, but not the useless ones (aka Taco God). The prize for winning a contest should also be a colour (but ONLY one colour- you don't get to choose).

The forum doesn't seem the same without recent topics, I'm sorry.
:(

I think I'll add to the group of people saying that I cannot function without those recent topics/replies to my posts. xD I've no idea when people replied to what I said, and with the recent topics I can look for a topic I like without scrolling down the forum.

Also, I agree with Azure that the "Team Robin" seems a bit arrogant on your part. I wouldn't mind something like "Design Team" or something relevant, but Team Robin is just… I dunno. And it makes me think of Team Rocket.

Anywho, it's a nice site.

@Lollicat:

> I think I'll add to the group of people saying that I cannot function without those recent topics/replies to my posts. xD I've no idea when people replied to what I said, and with the recent topics I can look for a topic I like without scrolling down the forum.
>
> Also, I agree with Azure that the "Team Robin" seems a bit arrogant on your part. I wouldn't mind something like "Design Team" or something relevant, but Team Robin is just… I dunno. And it makes me think of Team Rocket.
>
> Anywho, it's a nice site.

[Unread Topics](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=unread)
[Unread Replies](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=unreadreplies)

It's going to be added, sooner or later.