Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What are the programming langues for EO

Tholek

Yes, i'm a newbie, but i'm a decent newbie that wants to learn some sort of programming langue, I would also like to dive straight in to the deep end and see what I can learn within six months. I know this ain't easy and would take a lot of time to learn, but i have a lot of free time on my hands, so why not do something that is rewarding at the end. 

Now I would like to ask someone, some basic questions:

What version of EO should I use to start of with?

What type of program langues does EO use, and what can a member edit?

What type of program does what, and what does the program do?

Has you can see I'm a complete Newbie, so please help a newbie out. I will be a very happier Newbie. :wub:

With regards, Tholek

VB6, VB6, and more VB6 lol, as for the other questions, depends what you want, if you want an engine that is prebuild and has a lot of features, Eclipse Worlds, Eclipse Renewal, and SEB Engine are good choices, if you want a base, EO2 and EO3 are good, if you want closed source, EO4 is good. In all of those excluding EO4, you can do whatever you want, the source is open.

> VB6, VB6, and more VB6 lol, as for the other questions, depends what you want, if you want an engine that is prebuild and has a lot of features, Eclipse Worlds, Eclipse Renewal, and SEB Engine are good choices, if you want a base, EO2 and EO3 are good, if you want closed source, EO4 is good. In all of those excluding EO4, you can do whatever you want, the source is open.

What would you recommend pre-built or a base? also what one would you go for, if you was to pick one?

> Its not what we would go for its what you want your picking not us, if you know vb6 just take eo 3 and code it yourself if not just use a custom engine

YES SIR! lol. So if you was going to start with EO3, what would the first main things you would do first? Just out of curiosity.

The way I learned vb6 is by asking many questions as possible, youtube, the eclipse source tutorial, debbuging, and lastly rewriting the whole engine by retyping it word for word to understand how everything works.

Goodluck on your study, it literally took 2 years to completely get familiar with eclipseorigins way of code format.

> if you think a vb6 book is coming out you might wanna go book your death date, considering vb6 is so old now they wont make anymore books for it. Get the program and start messing and figure stuff out or learn a more recent language is my best advice.

But I gotta start somewhere and I personally think visual basic will be the easiest to learn. What about if I don't know anything of that language (visual basic) how could you expect me to mess around with it, a? also I will learn more other languages in the future after I got my head around visual basic.

> The way I learned vb6 is by asking many questions as possible, youtube, the eclipse source tutorial, debbuging, and lastly rewriting the whole engine by retyping it word for word to understand how everything works.
>
> Goodluck on your study, it literally took 2 years to completely get familiar with eclipseorigins way of code format.

Thank you Lavosa a reply I wanted to see, so thank you for that.