Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Competition?

Link

As far as I'm concerned, there's about 4 areas of skill in the collective hobby of making games with Eclipse.

~Programming

This competition would be based on original features only. Perhaps a template is set out and everyone has to program their best attempt at it.

~Music Making

This competition would be rather simple. Who could make the best piece of music to fit the selected competition theme.

~Artistry 

Again, simple. Who could make the best piece of art to suit the competition theme.

~Game Making

The most complex of these all, to actually make a playable game for the submission. Select whatever engine you want, custom or otherwise, but it has to be based on some form of Eclipse. Content and playability would be the main factors of this competition.

As for the winner's prize, I should think the 'Contest Winner' forum title and perhaps a free ad on Eclipse would be suitable. Perhaps a small cash prize if the winner does not want the ad.

> I agree we should have different categories.
>
> I would like to suggest the category of Writing. What can a game do when it is riddled with shoddy dialogue or plot-holes.

I just didn't mention writing because I know I would kick your highney ;D

Haha, nah, in all honesty, I just absolutely forgot about it xD

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe one contest at a time would be more reasonable and help stretch ideas further into the future and give you more ideas for future events.

I see five or six good ideas here and that could stretch 2 to 3 months depending on the individual length of the contest. that'd be enough time to think up new ideas and you'd learn from each contest you ran, about how people respond best.. how long to run it for.. ect

I agree that one contest at a time would be a better idea. I think you should have them on a rotating schedule, like programming then art or music or whatever. Plus if you put the game making one towards the end of the rotation it would probably get more entries as people would try to incorporate their entries from the other contests into that game.

> I agree that one contest at a time would be a better idea. I think you should have them on a rotating schedule, like programming then art or music or whatever. Plus if you put the game making one towards the end of the rotation it would probably get more entries as people would try to incorporate their entries from the other contests into that game.

Ily.