Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the scariest game you have played?

Gwen

Majora's Mask was pretty scary.
One level in gears 2 was…

but Amnesia beats them all.
Need proof?
Right here on youtube: [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY)

Note that its much scarier when you are the one playing.  you get the full effect from the audio n such.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm… I found Doom III creepy in parts (I'm looking at you, demon who jumps out of the stairs), but I've never found any game to be particularly terrifying. I'm hearing some... Interesting things about Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and it sounds up my alley, so I might give that a shot. Same thoughts for the Dead Space series as well.

@symphonia117:

> Majora's Mask was pretty scary.

I found the game more disturbing than scary, but I was pretty young at the time. I went back last summer, and found out it was just as bad as when I was five. There's still some seriously disturbing stuff in that game.

Ive been playing Amnesia, and I havnt found it that scary… granted ive only made it to the first water level, and that did startle me a first... but it didnt make me want to turn it off.

Still a pretty neat game so far tho!

@Gwen:

> Ive been playing Amnesia, and I havnt found it that scary… granted ive only made it to the first water level, and that did startle me a first... but it didnt make me want to turn it off.
>
> Still a pretty neat game so far tho!

I'll definitely have to give it a shot. I've heard some really great things about the story.

• 3 months later...
@xXwArIoXx66:

> Definitely Silent Hill, creepiest game ever.

^

@Princess:

> You mean "zeee flashlight…. it does nothing", or "its so freaking dark i can see crap!". Yeah Doom 3 was pretty scary.
> Silent hill is creepy, but never really scared me. For me Fatal Frame makes me not want to play it. I really dont want to go into the next room when i play.
>
> I just got Amnesia... ive been seeing that its pretty scary.

Play it in the dark, pitch black. Did it with a friend.

• 4 weeks later...
@Black★Rock:

> Dead space scares the hell out of me :P Debating if i get Dead space 2 or not right now..
> but im not great with scary games.. Fall out 3 used to scare me going into the subway with ghouls but then i got over it. Same with bioshock 1.. Got over it and yeah.. now its just creepy games get me xD

Thank you! Scariest game I've played is Dead Space 2\. I jumped about 100 times throughout the whole game. Bioshock 1 scared me the first time I played it, but I got over it. In fact, I just beat my wrench only playthrough on hard… Heh...

I might try this Amnesia game. Sounds pretty scary.

Dead Space isn't scary, it's surprising. I'd get the same reaction if a raccoon just jumped through my window in to my face.

A truly scary game builds up the tension with atmosphere and pacing. Having gigantic bugs jumping out of ventilation stations is the same as just thrusting a scary mask in a baby's face.

@Robin:

> Dead Space isn't scary, it's surprising. I'd get the same reaction if a raccoon just jumped through my window in to my face.
>
> A truly scary game builds up the tension with atmosphere and pacing. Having gigantic bugs jumping out of ventilation stations is the same as just thrusting a scary mask in a baby's face.

Err… Good point. I actually had a conversation with a friend about this a while back.. Can't believe I didn't remember. >_>

@DestinedKeyHolder:

> First one was. Second was.. meh. I don't have any hope for F.3.A.R. … It evolved from a horror game, to a call of duty, with super powers.

No it didn't rofl.

The first one I agree was a bit more scary. BUT this is nothing like Call of Duty.

• 1 year later...